Sign in to follow this  
baddad

'Angin' Arahnd McDonalds...

For the first time ever, my son has gone for a wander into town with his BFF and a new friend he's 'connected' with via X-Box. The new friend is a classmate and friend of BFF and he (along with another kid who couldn't make it today) after getting to know Ben through X-Box chat and facebook etc wanted to meet up :thumbs:

Gotta say, I'm not 100% sold on the X-box as most kids seem to spend their entire lives on them and that makes getting ben off it much harder, but the amount of new connections he's made through 'live chat' and stuff has been really encouraging.

I'd like to say it's all good, but truth be told I can't help but worry on his behalf. He is still incredibly niaive and capable of either getting 'set up' or just getting himself into difficulties because he doesn't get the rules...

I guess friendships will get messed up along the way and that will hurt him, but hopefully there will be some that stand the test of time, and at the end of the day they're the ones that make it all worth it.

Anyhoo, I can't keep my fingers crossed while typing so will get back to doing that and worrying myself silly

L&P

BD

Hi BD :D

I hope Ben had a good day with his friends. What you said about friendships is true in general I think. Many of my friendships have not lasted (mostly since Dss dx :( ) but the ones that have are the ones I care about.

I hope you didn't worry too much, but if you're anything like me when big DS went out on his own for the first time, you were probably on edge until he got back :wacko:

Oh and well done Ben :thumbs:

Nicky x

Hi BD :D

I hope Ben had a good day with his friends. What you said about friendships is true in general I think. Many of my friendships have not lasted (mostly since Dss dx :( ) but the ones that have are the ones I care about.

I hope you didn't worry too much, but if you're anything like me when big DS went out on his own for the first time, you were probably on edge until he got back :wacko:

Oh and well done Ben :thumbs:

Nicky x

Well it was hardly a 'day out'! they walked into town, bought a McDonalds, blew the rest of their money in Game and walked home again! there wasn't time for them to get into any trouble... Still, he seemd to enjoy it and both boys were back on the X-Box yakking to him within ten minutes of getting home, so no fall-outs either...

ho hum

L&P

BD :D

awwwwwwww just read your post :) That is sooooooo nice to hear.I can see me going through this in a few years time and I am dreading it!! I get so nervous allowing Josh to go out with his mates,even though I know he is very sensible and mature, and as much as I hate treating the boys any differently I can see allowing Sam to "hang out" is going to be a real challenge.

So it was nice to read such a positive post :thumbs:

All that wonderful home cooked gourmet food you've fed him on - and he wants to eat McDonalds?? Ah well, can't have everything. :sick::rolleyes:

Glad it was a good day for him. Hope the first of many. :thumbs:

K x