Sign in to follow this  
billabong

NAS partners' support group starting up in Durham

Welcome news for partners living in the north-east of the UK. NAS North-East is setting up a support group for partners of people diagnosed as being on the AS spectrum or who feel their partner is on the AS spectrum.

The first meeting will take place in Durham at a venue close to the station this Thursday evening 11/11/10 at 18:30. The NAS contact is Deborah Garland, deborah.garland@nas.org.uk

I wish I lived nearer so I could come. Hope it goes well I have been thinking of starting one in my own area. Please PM me if you fancy supporting me from afar. I'm finding things a bit of a struggle at times and would welcome some advice from someone who has been there.

Thanks

M

Good to see you, Billabong!

There's a pinned topic listing support groups in Resources, I'll put the link there as well.

K x

Thanks Kathryn! It's good to be back, especially with news of a partners' group (this evening). MBF, I've just PM'd you but forgot to say that I'll be happy to share ideas on setting up a group and to offer encouragement.

Billabong

Hi

Great news... very exciting.

And good to hear from you again.

I haven't been here much lately neither but do pop in every now and again so it's great to hear the news.

Hope the meeting went well... maybe our groups might even get to meet up one day!

Best wishes

Delyth

Hi Delyth

I was wondering if you were still about on the forum; good to hear from you.

Small beginnings ... only three of us at the group's first meeting last Thursday but definitely worth attending. Meetings will be monthly on the last Thursday of the month, starting from January. Greetings from our group to yours!

Billabong