Sign in to follow this  
Bluesbreaker

I think work has got the wrong idea of my AS

I remember them saying and telling the relevent people that i have ADD????

Is this the same as AS because tbh i am completely bricking myself cause i think they have got the wrong disability.....

If it is wrong Can somebody please explain the difference to me cause it will probably make more sense from one of you guys!! :)

ADD stands for Attention Deficit Disorder.

This is a different condition to Asperger's.

You will have told them about specific things you might struggle with and what your employer needs to do to help you. These specifics are the important things. It's probably not very important that they know the name of the condition.

I just put on the job application form i had asperger's syndrome and stated the important bits etc. then they say ADD???

Tally, it does matter in that place... no wonder i fell out with a supervisor on the other bar and no wonder she misunderstood me.

I don't think the bar supervisor would have known the difference between ADD and Asperger's anyway. They are not going to go off and research ADD for you. They are going to be guided by what you said in your application. It doesn't really matter what they want to call it.

i hope you can correct this mistake soon. Maybe handing them some information about Aspergers with the

parts most relevant to you underlined would help.

i hope you can correct this mistake soon. Maybe handing them some information about Aspergers with the

parts most relevant to you underlined would help.

Hey yeah that's a good idea actually, I hadn't thought of that! thanks :D