Sign in to follow this  
Tilly

Buses

Hi, I know a lot of our children adore buses and trains etc and I have been to many a bus rally with dd. I've seen stalls at these meetings but dd gets too overwhelmed by the choice and the people around her to choose. I was wondering does anyone know where or whom from I can get some of these copies. Would love to make an album of North East area for her for Christmas.

Thanks Tilly

Google, but if you want buses from a particular area then you'll have to be more specific. Sometimes you can find really nice images. I've recently printed off loads to be laminated for the boy I work with, which was quite fun for me, too (London buses, specifically, though). I would also like to acquire a sound recording from videos on Youtube, so I might message someone to ask if they could send me it for him. If you look on youtube you might also find nice videos and could perhaps message the person asking for images to print off, or sound clips (as the use would be personal they might be happy to help out a fellow bus enthusiast).

You could even let her take her own pictures of buses to make an album over time.

thanks for the replies. She looks at images all the time on the net, but I was hoping to buy polaroids by post, in time for Christmas.

tilly

Hi Tilly - don't know if London buses are any good, but several years ago I knew a boy who was nuts about buses, and I bought him several books on the subject. They had loads of photos, but also the geeky details about years in service and stuff like that! A quick shufti round Amazon produced quite a selection, including local services, so you might be able to find something that while not bang up to date for your area provides some historical local interest.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=buses#/ref=sr_pg_1?rh=n%3A266239%2Ck%3Abuses&keywords=buses&ie=UTF8&qid=1291580763

Before you order brand new or from amazon check the 'used' and 'alternative suppliers' section (but check delivery costs too)...

hope that helps

L&P

BD :D

Edited by baddad