Sign in to follow this  
Tally

WHat should I wear?

I have my induction day for my new job tomorrow. It is a training day, I will not be doing any work as such.

I would have dressed smart for the interview but as I was snowed in the interview was done over the phone. It will be the first time the Personnel Manager has met me in person. And probably the last as well, since I will be working night shifts. I will not be meeting my department manager tomorrow.

Because it's the first time they have seen me I thought maybe I should dress smart. I have a trouser suit. But I don't know if it's necessary because it's only a supermarket job, a manual job where I could get a bit dirty and dusty, and they provide a uniform, so it's not really important how I dress. I will feel very self-conscious if I am dressed smarter than the person who is training me.

So then I thought maybe I could wear a nice new pair of jeans. They are navy blue, brand new, and as smart as jeans can get. I could wear them with proper shoes and a shirt and I think that would look quite smart.

Do you think I can get away with the jeans?

If it were me I would go in the clothes that I would normally wear to work, which of course would depends on what the job was.

And if you are going to be wearing a uniform at work it doesn't really mater anyway.

I use to work with a plumber who under his overalls wore a suit and tie.

And where I work now half the staff think their attending a fashion parade The other half wear whatever. I turn up in my normal "at home" clothes.

I'm going to wear the jeans then :)

My dad has asked me to make sure the heating is on high for him when he comes round tomorrow because I will not be here to let the door fitters in. They are fitting a door. Central heating is not going to help :rolleyes:

I wore the jeans. It was fine :)

I'm so glad it was fine . I was about to say " Jeans are a no-no." I would have suggested smart casual, but it does not matter now !