Sign in to follow this  
joybed

Christmas

Hi again. I love christamas always have always will, i love giving gifts and all the anticipation of christmas eve and the dinner and everything, you really can,t beat it but this year i am really stuck for gifts for the boys.

Marcus i am kind of all right with as there are computer type things he wants/needs. Lydia I am done for and could buy again 10 times over she is easy. The problem is Piers, what do you buy a child with no imagination , who can break anything in 2 seconds flat. His interests are Ben 10, Dinosaurs, scooby doo, power ranges etc. He has most Ben 10 stuff but most of it is plastic rubbish which is gimicky, has lots of fiddly bits and expensive. Also he says he really wants them but then plays very little with these things. He isn,t a reader becomes easily frustrated with computer games and has little atttention span he also has learning difficulties. One thought was a cd player and story CDs as he likes bedtime stories obviously this wouldn,t replace time with us reading to him. I refuse to let them have TVs in there room they sleep little as it is. Any ideas. He shows no interest in ASD type visual toys either. There is a chad valley dino mountain I have seen that looks OK anyone seen this is it OK for our kids.

Hi

I have the same problem with Sam,I always tell family to rather put money in his account than to buy something that will break.The only thing I buy now is lego or the bigger blocks,evn though he is seven it keeps him busy and it doesnt break.My brother found a disney cars set a few years ago and this year I found a spongebob set that seems fine for him. He just follows the instructions.

He got a nintendo DS in august and its broken already so not doing that again! He also loves cuddly toys,so will get him spongbob and gary.Thats about it,I never get my boys much anyway I cant afford it and its not the point of christmas.