Sign in to follow this  
Bluesbreaker

Independant Living allowance news.

this WILL cause an uprise

While this may not affest ASD's (???) in most respects, I daresay we all know somebody who requires this money in order to pay for care, I know at least two people, one is my gran, and anothers is a good friend of mine and is also my mate's Uncle.

is it me or does this government seem to have made a harsh one with this one? I knew there were going to be cutbacks regarding Disabilities as a whole but isn't this a step too far????

i think it could affect ASDs if they are at the severe classic end or have additional difficulties as well as autism.

i think it could affect ASDs if they are at the severe classic end or have additional difficulties as well as autism.

True but for the most part I think it effects Physical disabled people

i think could affect people hidden difficulties like A.S /HFA as hard to 'prove' have evidence seen 'with physical eye' outside behind closed doors background what really going on as assessments /reports only go such as way in giving hard evidence what if don't believe what they see then how going to prove it back it up then!? might come up stuck!

We had a letter yesterday from the ILF explaining that my son's funding will be withdrawn in 2015.

He is autistic with severe learning difficulties and behaviour issues. The ILF is awarded to those recieving higher rate DLA and Social Service care.

We and many others are very worried for the future. Local Authorities are reducing services to the absolute minimum and removing help to save money with no real thought to the future.