Sign in to follow this  
kirstie

cold weather payments

Hi All, not been around in a really long time, life is, as i'm sure you can imagine hectic to say the least. I now have three children dx with Aspergers and all that goes with it! I was just wondering as the title says if anyone knows if i am entitled to cold weather payments even though i am on child tax credits working tax credits my kids receive a disability premium and one is under 5. Noone at the jobcentre seem to know and Inland Rev even less help. Just wondering if anyone has had these payments? Seems to me if your not on income support your stuffed for any kind of support (for want of a better word) ,any advice really appreciated i have been passed from pillar to post this avo and patience is wearing thin.....bah humbug!

Hi,

First of all if you are entitled to cold weather payment it is payed out automatically (£25 a week).

I note that you get working tax credit, it is unlikely that your would also be getting one of the qualifying benefits.

It is complicated as there are a number of different combinations of benefits and situations that qualify.

If you go onto the government site you are still left scratching your head.

Hi,

First of all if you are entitled to cold weather payment it is payed out automatically (£25 a week).

I note that you get working tax credit, it is unlikely that your would also be getting one of the qualifying benefits.

It is complicated as there are a number of different combinations of benefits and situations that qualify.

If you go onto the government site you are still left scratching your head.

It is SUPPOSED to be paid out automatically - but it's not. I qualify, as do a lot of people I know, but it seems as though you have to ask for it specifically...only with so many other things, like Fuel Direct for example, it's a ###### headache trying to find anyone who knows anything about it or how to go about applying. I don't think OP would qualify, if direct.gov are no good try your local CAB office...not that they're much better than the job centres for reliable information *grumbles*

Hi Kirstie,

Long time no see! I hope you and your little ones are ok >:D<<'> .

My children are now 12, 3 and 1.

I have just checked the Direct.gov website, and it seems as if you can only get cold weather payments if you receive JSA,Income Support or ESA (and only if you fit certain criteria too). It's £25 a week for every week where the temperature is freezing or below for 3 consecutive days.

Take care,

Loulou xxx