Sign in to follow this  
bid

New Year's Resolutions!!

My main NY resolution: to work less so that I can actually see my friends! For the last two years I've regularly been doing 66 hours over-time a month (sometimes 88 :wacko: ), and I'm forever saying I must meet up with people and then it never happens...so, better life-work balance for me in 2011 :pray:

Oh, and the annual one about the housework and the ironing, hehe ;)

So, what are your NY resolutions going to be?

Bid :D

Edited by bid

To stop complaining and get on with things! To get an A for one of my essays would be super nice,and I want to work hard to achieve that.So far I have had 2 presentations and bio test and got B+ for all three, I am desparate for an A.

To stop complaining and get on with things! To get an A for one of my essays would be super nice,and I want to work hard to achieve that.So far I have had 2 presentations and bio test and got B+ for all three, I am desparate for an A.

It's excellent to be getting B+ straightaway...won't be long before you get that A!!

Bid :)

Hi

Some great resolutions here guys :thumbs:

Mine is to finish one book before I start another (I'm reading 4 books at the moment :rolleyes: )

Do a serious declutter of the entire house.

Keep the house tidier.

Go to bed earlier than 1 am every night.

Keep up with friends more

Study something new

Direct a play (nearly did this year but chickened out).

Read more edifying books

Enjoy being with my family. Time goes so quickly - soon they grow up.

Stop worrying about things I can't change.

Enjoy and appreciate what I have rather than hankering after stuff I can't get.

Above all - get on with life and stop procrastinating!!!!

K x

I never usually make them as I never keep them but I am going to try and spend more time looking after myself in 2011 rather than just looking after everyone else :D

Lynne x

Do a serious declutter of the entire house.

Im going to do this too, Im ordering a TIP!

Keep the house tidier.

Go to bed earlier than 1 am every night.

I need to go to bed earlier too, Js not settled until 4am, so it has a knock on effect on my sleep too, we just sorted out his sensory room and his bed is in there nowxfingers crossedx

Keep up with friends more

Study something new

I might do a Online course as I have J full time at the momentx

Direct a play (nearly did this year but chickened out).

Dont chicken out, you will be fab, go for it, if its your dream, do it.

Read more edifying books

I did this too this year.any recommendations of authors?

Enjoy being with my family. Time goes so quickly - soon they grow up.

Js 14 soon, mad isnt it!they sure do grow up too fastx

Stop worrying about things I can't change.

it doesnt stop us worrying though, the things we cant change, Ive learnt to accept the cituation I am and let those feelings be present. 2010 for me was about letting Go, rather than trying to change things.

Enjoy and appreciate what I have rather than hankering after stuff I can't get.

so are you going to stop dreaming about winning the lottery then!

Above all - get on with life and stop procrastinating!!!!

some great websites on Procastrination and its actually a real issue, many have it, maybe a wipeboard for daily tick lists??? I put my do list in my mobile, I get most things done that wayx

K x

I would really like to get J sorted out first, due to his needs Im kind of meeting his needs but I know I am going to keep up my Running, which Im on the way to doing, we are going to use the sports centre more and get J to attend the junior gym.

I am going to get back on my Racer and do some cyclingx

I think Im going to take it at a pace I can manage for the first couple of months, this year is going to be about getting what J needs and that is going to take some fight.

Once J is sorted out then I am going flake out for a couple of months, then rebuild back up.x

2011 feels good though, dont know why, but I have this strange EXCITEMENT in my tummyx

JsMumX

I never usually make them as I never keep them but I am going to try and spend more time looking after myself in 2011 rather than just looking after everyone else :D

Lynne x

I think looking after yourself is a sure great plan for having a fab 2011, so pamper yourself at every oportunity you get and enjoy itx

JsMumx

... to take up all opportunities that come along, I've spent too long being afraid to live.

~ Mel ~

Have you read this book?

Susun Jeffers Feel the fear and do it anyway, very good.

Mel I have a compulsion to wash my hands and rince my pots before eating, I was afriad of been sick if I ate off a dirty plate or dirty hands.

It made making simple meals time consuming because I have to start again if I hadnt rinced before, sometimes I would forget and just as my meal was ready I would throw the food away and start all over again, sometimes I wouldnt bother, this over time made me ill.

I now realise that rincing has caused me to be ill.

I have reduced the amount now and working on my anxieties and reasons to why I got into this habbit in the first place, you have to look at why you fear the things you do.

for example mine was due to having to eat off dirty plates when I was a little girl because my mum didnt wash the pots as she was unwell herself and one day I got food poisoning and was sick for two days.

meeting your fears takes some courage and uncomfortable feelings but not as bad as those that occur when we try to prevent the fears within us accuring.

Basically my rincing caused me years of unhappiness, all because I was afriad a dirty plate may make me sick that would of lasted a day or two, my own behaviour had made me suffer far more than my original fear.

Sorry for the personal analog but If it can help others I dont mind sharingx

JsMumx

Edited by JsMum

If you are justified in your complaining then I dont see anything wrong with that, Ive had to make a number of complaints for example to my areas Social services for now meeting Js and My needs, complaining has its place, so dont back down either, if it is justified.

A B+ IS Amazing, with the circumstances your in, with caring for children and family with special needs and been at Uni, your already achieving far more than many parents, carers, you are doing really well already, dont place too high expectations at this point, you could burn out, I would be over the moon with a Bx

JsMumx

My main NY resolution: to work less so that I can actually see my friends! For the last two years I've regularly been doing 66 hours over-time a month (sometimes 88 :wacko: ), and I'm forever saying I must meet up with people and then it never happens...so, better life-work balance for me in 2011 :pray:

Oh, and the annual one about the housework and the ironing, hehe ;)

So, what are your NY resolutions going to be?

Bid :D

Wow 88hrs. was you ever home Bid? you must enjoy your job to be committed to those hoursx

Hope the new ballance hours makes a differencex

JsMumx

to get to right BMI and weight by next year still keep fit and healthy and hopefully move in my own flat! work on independance living skills!

XKLX

As long as your healthy that is the main aim, with the flat, you may need to Accept other agencies letting them help you, I think the supported housing sounded great as you would get the support you need to work on the independant living, and for some people they still need some support so they can be as independant as possible.

I wish you the very best in 2011.x

JsMumx

Wow 88hrs. was you ever home Bid? you must enjoy your job to be committed to those hoursx

Hope the new ballance hours makes a differencex

JsMumx

Oh dear J'smum, I've just realised I completely go that wrong...I doubled my over-time shifts by mistake!! :o:wacko::lol::lol:

It should have read 33 hours overtime most months, or 44 some months!!!

Duh!

TBH I can't see the over-time reducing, as we are still short-staffed, but I'm going to try harder at organising meeting up with friends.

Bid :hypno::wacko:

If you are justified in your complaining then I dont see anything wrong with that, Ive had to make a number of complaints for example to my areas Social services for now meeting Js and My needs, complaining has its place, so dont back down either, if it is justified.

A B+ IS Amazing, with the circumstances your in, with caring for children and family with special needs and been at Uni, your already achieving far more than many parents, carers, you are doing really well already, dont place too high expectations at this point, you could burn out, I would be over the moon with a Bx

JsMumx

now should be NOT

JsMumx

Edited by JsMum

Slightly less procrastination with the aim of feeling okay about having time-off for myself ... possibly ... she writes as she's here rather than doing something fulfilling and sensible! :rolleyes:

And not so much a resolution, but I'm going to keep a photo-journal of the year, it's something I've often mean to do but never started, and as this is going to be an important year for me with lots of changes I think it'll be something nice to have to look back on but will also hopefully help me to adjust to some of the changes. :)

My sister's resolution is to lose the lottery. I'm sure that's cheating. :shame:

My sister's resolution is to lose the lottery. I'm sure that's cheating. :shame:

So if she wins, will she be pleased or disappointed?

So if she wins, will she be pleased or disappointed?

Well I've told her that were that to happen, I'd happily take the winnings off her and wouldn't tell anyone... :ph34r: She didn't seem too pleased!

Maybe she's actually been very clever - if she loses, as is most likely to happen, she keeps her resolution and so 'wins', if she wins and so breaks her resolution, I doubt she'll be too unhappy, and most people forget / don't keep resolutions anyway. Perhaps she's actually found a win-win situation! :unsure: