Sign in to follow this  
smiley1590

is better to do alternate days gym then swim ?

i found going gym everyday without a space gap in between i was staying same weight not losing anything so someone i know advised me to do one day on one day off of the gym so give my body time to recover and relax but what if i did gym one day swim the next day alternate days swapping as swimming uses every muscle part a whole body work out do you think better plan idea to lose more weight and keep burning cals and fat? would this work successfully though? that's what scared of! and going on wii fit plus every night tonight exercises i done on there jogging , step up for 20 minds swapping legs and triceps work out yoga exercises i can feel it works ache so bad my muscles they got different section aerobics ,yoga , balance etc am i doing right thing had cheese salad sandwich drank orange juice and 2 pints of water suppose clean out the system flush out!

XKLX

done gym work out today and then had swim session i did 20 lengths i'm going to do same tomorrow and increase the amount each time ....!!! i going to do 30 tomorrow! the sweat dripping off me!

XKX

Hi Smiley, it depends what training you do in the Gym?

When you train you are literately tearing your muscles, the rest day is so they can repair and reduce injury.

It is absaloutly essential to have at least two rest days a week or at least One full rest day with NO cardio or weight work so your body can repair and recover.

I would on the Rest day focus on Meditation, relaxation techneques so a Yoga, tichi class would be a good replacement, look at breathing exercises, and stretches.

In our sports centres there are gym instructors, we are allowed to create a gym routine and how many days we train, they are there also to ensure nobody burns themselves out.

I would look at a routine that looks like this.

Monday AM Swim, PM Gym

Tuesday Rest

Wednesday PM Swim

Thursday Gym

Friday AM Rest

Saturday AM Gym pm Swim

Sunday Rest.

Ensure you do not do the wii, or other fitness dvds or exercise on Rest days.

JsMumx

Edited by JsMum

done gym work out today and then had swim session i did 20 lengths i'm going to do same tomorrow and increase the amount each time ....!!! i going to do 30 tomorrow! the sweat dripping off me!

XKX

before building up it is best to repeat the same routine for a few times that way you gradually increase it, you will be surprised how tired you will be tomorrow, so I would do the same tomorrow and again another day and then start increasing it, and only increase it a few lengths at a time.

And dont forget the REST dayx

JsMumx

Muscle weighs a lot more than fat, so you could be getting fitter and slimmer without actually losing weight. Try taking measurements as well to compare with.

Actually, no it doesn't! It's DENSER, certainly, but it doesn't weigh more - how can a POUND of one thing weigh more than a POUND of something else...? :huh:

i found going gym everyday without a space gap in between i was staying same weight not losing anything, so someone i know advised me to do one day on one day off of the gym so give my body time to recover and relax but what if i did gym one day swim the next day alternate days swapping as swimming uses every muscle part a whole body work out do you think better plan idea to lose more weight and keep burning cals and fat? would this work successfully though? that's what scared of! and going on wii fit plus every night tonight exercises i done on there jogging , step up for 20 minds swapping legs and triceps work out yoga exercises i can feel it works ache so bad my muscles they got different section aerobics ,yoga , balance etc am i doing right thing had cheese salad sandwich drank orange juice and 2 pints of water suppose clean out the system flush out!

XKLX

WOAH there Smiley!! Jump off that treadmill/get out of that pool, get off that Wii Fit board, lass!! :D Exercising to exhaustion will only serve to make you fatter (not what you want, obviously).

Read the following article (and let me know if there's anything you don't understand.

Chronic Cardio

Exercising "till it hurts" means you are overstressing your body, DECREASING fat metabolism, and encouraging muscle metabolism (that article will explain why).

I KNOW you want to be skinny , sweetheart, but you're going about it the wrong way. You're still thinking in terms of 'calories in/calories out', and that's a myth too. Read the following article and see if it helps

17 Reasons You're Not Losing Weight

Then there's the contentious issue of your, very poor, diet. All those carbs are going to do nothing but make you fatter, I'm afraid.

Let me explain. When you eat carbs, your brain sends a message to your pancreas to tell it to release insulin. The insulin then converts the glucose from the carbs to glycogen, which is then stored, firstly in the liver, then in the muscles but finally as saturated fat (this is NOT the same as dietary saturated fat which is VERY healthy - it's essential for many bodily functions and it forms the protective coating round nerve cells and protects the brain (there is a direct correlation between the adoption of a low fat diet and the rise in dementia, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's).

A high carb diet over a prolonged period of time will cause insulin sensitivity, diabetes, heart disease and stroke. Why, because a high-carb diet will RAISE your triglyceride levels, which increases your risk of heart disease, diabetes and stroke (NOT dietary fats!)

I won't get into the 'feast-and-famine' diet (which is by far and away the best method for losing body fat and increasing lean muscle mass).

If you want any more info - feel free to PM me...

Hugs,

Sarah xx