Sign in to follow this  
Bloodheart

A belated hello

I'm Jadea (pronounced Jad-E-A or Jade-a), 27 and from Newcastle-upon-Tyne.

Boring introduction I'm afraid as I don't know what else to say...

I'm currently undergoing diagnosis for Asperger's Syndrome, thankfully it's going fast due to the discovery that AS was suspected in my childhood and my teens - no one thought to tell me this at the time so I've lived as an NT my whole life. As an adult it still causes problems so it'll be nice to have something that explains why I was/am the way I was/am.

Basically I'm here trying to learn more about asperger's and how it effects different people, I've had the initial 'OMG, this is so much like me! I don't feel like a freak any more' and now struggling through the 'wow, everyone is so different to me' phase of exploring the asperger's world. I also have a bit of an interest in autism as I had a step-sister who is 'low-functioning' autistic and an ex boyfriend/current friend who is 'high-functioning' autistic.

Maybe make some friends, we'll see. :thumbs:

Welcome Bloodheart

I got my asperger diagnosis when I was 16 and only by chance as the learning support tutor had seen a program that

had behaviours that were like mine. I've had no post diagnostic support and had to fight for everything I have.

I hope you get your diagnosis soon. One of our social group members got his recently and we told him "Congratulations"