Sign in to follow this  
Candyfloss

When you talk to people - what do they look like (eg their facial expression) towards you??

eg is it akward / happy / relaxed

Never sure really...a combination of the fact I try not to look at them, plus I have prosopagnosia (face blindness) so I don't really see their face as a whole.

Bid :)

Yes, I really don't take in features of a person's face, and can look at them, but it's not really looking at them. But sometimes when I desperately am trying to figure out understanding, this is when I look for expression, and tone of voice.

I don't know what my neighbour thinks of me, because I see her around town, but I don't recognise her sufficiently to say hello, it is not till I get back home that I absorb some to the information and then think, oh I think that was my neighbour. I really worry about it, in case they think it is intentional.

You are asking the wrong people really. People with Asperger's and ASD have trouble reading facial expressions and often misunderstand or just completely ignore them.