xrobertxdavisx

Hello from scotland

Hi

Yup, I'm from bonnie Scotland (Edinburgh). My son is 9 and has Aspergers, Dyspraxia, Dysgraphia, and is currently being assessed for ADD.

Regards

Caroline.

Hi Robert and welcome. What's your interest in ASD? :)

I'm in England but I love the bits of Scotland I've seen - especially Edinburgh. :D

K x

Hi Robert I'm janice and I'm in west Lothian, my 12 year old son is awaiting diagnosis of asperger's. I was also wondering who else was in scotland.i seem to learn something new every minute. cmuir, I didn't know they could have more than one thing at the same time, which I just hadn't thought of, although they found out my son also has hypermobility in his joints, which was a shock in itself. I am needing to learn quickly as my son has no diagnosis yet and is down for a mainstream high school so they may be a problem with transition to high school as he can't go there but August is not far away.

Hi Robert I'm janice and I'm in west Lothian, my 12 year old son is awaiting diagnosis of asperger's. I was also wondering who else was in scotland.i seem to learn something new every minute. cmuir, I didn't know they could have more than one thing at the same time, which I just hadn't thought of, although they found out my son also has hypermobility in his joints, which was a shock in itself. I am needing to learn quickly as my son has no diagnosis yet and is down for a mainstream high school so they may be a problem with transition to high school as he can't go there but August is not far away.

Hi Janice

Yes, it's not entirely unusual for a child with an existing diagnosis to end up with a co-morbid diagnosis, e.g. dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyspraxia, ADD/ADHD. It can be difficult to diagnose because, for example, where ADD/ADHD is concerned there may be some overlapping traits and can be difficult to decifer or differentiate between the two. Hopefully, you'r son will receive diagnosis one way or another soon. Although under the Support for Learning Act, apparently a formal diagnosis doesn't exclude a child from receiving support, in my experience, that's not what I found - my son only starting receiving help after his diagnosis at 4.5. Before then, no one wanted to know. High School is a big change - some kids on the spectrum can do very well as classes are broken up, however, poor organisational skills, anxiety, etc can cause issues. R was diagnosed 5 years ago. I'm no expert, but would be happy to provide a listening ear - feel free to PM me.

Hi Robert. I'm in Edinburgh. Nice to meet you.

Hi. Great - another one from Edinburgh.

Caroline.

Hi, I am scottish live in south wales now my 11 year old son is waiting dx he couldnt handle going to school as he got very anxious meltdowns etc so the school supplied a tutor.....my next meeting with CAMHS i will getfeedback and see what they think he has....he shows signs of aspergers as do my other 3 older children .....2 of them live in falkirk......lindy

thanks cmuir I may do that, we were in denial about his having it we thought he behaved differently due to glue ear mimicking the same traits in behaviour and as his dad was 'difficult' as a child, we now feel it si like we suddenly see it as can no longer ignore the fact and with understanding school head and support teacher at new school and readign lots ti can no longer be denied and we should have seen it, but as a result ti is hitting us a big blow and see ti all the time now we know and it is very hard for us to adjust at the moment.

lindy2017 my son can no longer handle school due to meltdowns and overreacting to bullying, any little slight (and I mean overreacting with too much agression) it is so difficult, but we are waiting on assessment which could be 4 months away. Is good to have found this forum.

hi i'm from scotland ,round near inverness ,have 15 year old daughter diagnosed about 6 months ago, 13 year old son having problems and hasnt been to school for nearly a year,and things are being looked into and 10 year old daugher whos having problems as well!!!so am still relativley new to all that is going on, but learning fast!

hi jlogan its a bit of a learnign curve, we are finding it very hard as we didn't think he was any different and now he seems different to us, nwo that we see it

Allright mate welcome

Hi. I'm in the NE of Scotland...