Sign in to follow this  
Sunlit Vampire

Sorting my Life out

Hi

i've been wanting to sort my life out, since recently i seem to have just stopped progressing in the way i want.

now for starters i would like to move out since living at home is stressing me out big time but i have really bad anxiety and depression which stops me from enjoying anything and feels like a weight on my shoulders constantly,

i also want to get some form of job/schooling as well, mainly to get some friends since i haven't got any that i can depend on, but the biggest problem i have with that is that i don't have very good school grades (G in English and mathematics) due to me leaving school at 12 years old, that was also the same time my anxiety and depression started hence why i left.

I was in quite a bad state with it actually, with flashbacks and nightmares + the then new depression and anxiety attacks.

I'm on flupentixol for my anxiety (which is the only thing it worked on even though it's prescribed for depression) and i want to take the weight of my shoulders to sort my depression out so i can do things again but i don't know where to start with that.

where do you think i should start? and sorry for the long post but i really need some help with this.

David~

Hi David, my name is rob i to suffer with depression, i havent really felt depressed now for a couple of years i still have low point but its normal life so there is light at the end of the tunnel, firsat thing is, is to figured out why your depressed? whats coursing you tobe depressed? if you can figure out what is making you depressed then you can sort those out , to get over depression its a long way to go but once you start to figure out the little bit and start sorting them out than you will start to feel better but its ddoes take time. moving out could make you condition worse but then it could make it better i myself moved out my parent home and moved in with my sonand partner and now we are a happy family before i was to depressed to even have a sence of humur, to even go out of the house sometimes, but i went with out medication as the medication didnt work the only one that actuall did anything was larazapam i took as needed it give you the help there and need helps you to get a good nights sleep.

p.s i like you pc spec i to am a computer wiz (lol) i went to college and got Comptia A+ computer maintence and Microsft certified.

Most of the time ive found my local NAS Social group supportive to my needs.

Also all but 2 of my friends i met at a NAS social group.

There are social groups in the following areas:

* County Durham

* East Lancashire

* Lancaster

* North West Cumbria

* Scarborough

* Tyne and Wear

* Manchester

* Salford.

The National Autistic Society

Anglo House

Chapel Road

Northenden

Manchester M22 4JN

Tel: 0161 945 6830

Email: northsocialgroups@nas.org.uk

hi Rob And trekster,

regarding my depression i don't know how it started, just one day i found that i couldn't cope anymore with it so i haven't a clue of how it started but i think my panic attacks had something to do with it.

hmm, the group doesn't sound like a bad idea but there isn't one near me :( (actually Scarborough is fairly near, but it's still a push for me)

David~

p.s Thanks rob, i built it myself :thumbs:

Edited by Sunlit Vampire

Hya you sound really positive about making changes to your life :thumbs:

Regarding studying your best option would be to contact your local FE college and make an appointment with an advisor.

The fact that you dont already have qualifications should mean that funding for your course shouldn't be a problem.

Depending on what kind of course you do it may not require GCSE's if you do most FE colleges have are able to provide help.

Good luck

xx