Sign in to follow this  
Mumble

*Rant Alert!!* - Bliddy Commuters!!

I just need a good rant/scream/further rant. :angry: :angry: :angry:

I'm currently on crutches with a fractured leg - entirely my own fault for not following medical restrictions so I deserve it and I've learnt a lesson about my limits. :shame: :shame:

Most people (supermarket muppet excluded!!! :rolleyes:) have been really helpful, and I've had some lovely strangers even going out of their way to help. However, commuters at rush hour are a different breed all together. :shame::wallbash: These strange creatures, who I'm sure at all other times are thoroughly decent beings, become completely singular in their focus, other passengers become invisible as their eyes lock on to the seat/small space to stand, and they are having that space regardless of what may be in their way.

Yesterday I got the bus in rush hour; I balanced for half the journey with no one offering me a seat getting pushed over twice by others trying to get to the space they'd spotted. Got told to move down the bus, so ignored that idiot (answer I kept in my head: certainly, so long as you don't mind me doing Darlek impressions with my crutches as I lift my arms up to hold on to the hanging hold thingys :whistle:). When I did get a seat, I had to sit on the aisle side as I couldn't physically bend my leg to get in, was about to stand up to let another woman into the window space when she decided she couldn't wait for that and stood ON my leg, using it as a step in. Yes, I did scream at that point. :tearful:

So today, having to face rush hour again, I in my strange wisdom thought I might be better getting the train. BIG mistake. No one offered me a seat on the first train, the 'accessible' walk between platforms (normally it's a quick walk over the bridge with steps) was about 3 miles long and then the best one of all. Got on the next train, someone did get up to let me have their seat, I thanked them, was taking my bag off, and some idiot nipped in and sat on the seat!! :o Really. And no-one said anything to him (in fact there must have been a really interesting story in the paper the way ALL the passengers suddenly buried their heads).

Oh well, lesson learnt, buses = no, trains = no, hmm.... :lol: :lol: I'm seriously tempted by getting a taxi if I have to travel at rush hour, but really can't afford it.

Still, all of that seemed a good enough excuse to stop at the newsagents and buy sweeties AND chocolate :eat1: on the way home, so not all bad. :D

Yes commuters can be horrible - i think there's some kind of mysterious chemical process which takes place as one goes through the automatic gates which transforms normally considerate human beings into raving sociopaths. :ph34r::rolleyes:

I commute by train regularly and I hope I'm not like that - I think I would probably be the person who would say something to the selfish person who took your seat, as that kind of thing winds me up.

I was offered a seat once by a rather gorgeous young man and I was pleasantly surprised especially as I wasn't obviously in need of it - (or maybe I was looking particularly knackered that day. :lol: )But it's not often done. Chivalry is dead - alas.

Crutches are dangerous on crowded buses and trains. Be careful you don't "accidentally" hit someone across the shins or poke someone in the ribs. ;)

K x

awwwwwwwwwwwww poor Mumble :tearful: That is soooooooooo awful for you >:D<<'> So sorry >:D<<'>

Be careful you don't "accidentally" hit someone across the shins or poke someone in the ribs. ;)

I went for the shins of the ridiculous woman (decided it was less 'obvious' and could be claimed as an accident than a sharp jab in the ribs!! :oops::whistle::lol:) today who got in my way and didn't appear to have an ounce of common sense - and got laughs from two other passengers who saw how difficult the woman was being! :lol: :lol:

I went for the shins of the ridiculous woman (decided it was less 'obvious' and could be claimed as an accident than a sharp jab in the ribs!! :oops::whistle::lol:) today who got in my way and didn't appear to have an ounce of common sense - and got laughs from two other passengers who saw how difficult the woman was being! :lol: :lol:

:lol: good for you :lol::ninja:

Poor you! It's not just commuters. When I was about 7 months pregnant with my middle child I had gone into town on the bus. After I had done some shopping I caught the bus home. Got to my bus stop, waited until the bus was completely stopped before I stood up, got halfway to the door and slipped (it had been raining and the floor was wet). I couldn't put my hands out to stop me as I had shopping in both hands so I went down hard (luckily I managed to turn slightly so I landed more on my side than my bump. I was a bit dazed and lay there for a little bit but the bus driver and passengers just sat there. After a minute or so a lovely lady came to help me even though it meant she had to leave her little boy (age about 3) on his own on the seat. What really got me was the bus driver never even asked if I was OK as I got off the bus :wallbash: