Sign in to follow this  
smiley1590

is this info true???

i'm on middle rate care lower rate mobility DLA my appointee is my mum i talking to someone from social group go to met him in town today he said that i could also while living at home be entitled to incapacity benefit even though i working at only do min 5 hrs a week at work max 8-9 hrs a wrk but am supervised at all times so he saying i fit critea for that particilar benefit even though he saying he slightly different type but similiar and that i could get clothing allowance even though living at home? and income support even though still living in fam home? is this information given true?

XKLX

i'm on middle rate care lower rate mobility DLA my appointee is my mum i talking to someone from social group go to met him in town today he said that i could also while living at home be entitled to incapacity benefit even though i working at only do min 5 hrs a week at work max 8-9 hrs a wrk but am supervised at all times so he saying i fit critea for that particilar benefit even though he saying he slightly different type but similiar and that i could get clothing allowance even though living at home? and income support even though still living in fam home? is this information given true?

XKLX

IB doesn't exist anymore for new claimants, but yes, you may well be entitled to Employment Support Allowance (Limited work capability. You may also be entitled to housing benefit if you pay rent - although if your mum claims any benefits theywill beafected by any rent you pay. Living at home should not mean being wholly financially dependant on your parents - you are old enough to have your own financial security.

I would suggest getting advice on your personal situation from someone like the CAB or DIAL as benefits can be very complicated and the criteria are often woolly!

my brother gets ESA but we found such battle/fight to get this benefit for him but nothing else out there for him my parents tried everything he gets DLA as he deaf blind and my mum gets carers allowance for him no i don't pay rent at home but my wages only stretch so far have be careful what i spend be nice to have more freedom with my money! as my brother struggled to get ESA wondering how hard i going to find it to apply for it as mine more hidden difficulties! i know you have go for medical checks as my brother did as his disability is so obvious something like A.S totally different! would ESA affect DLA though?

XKLX

my brother gets ESA but we found such battle/fight to get this benefit for him but nothing else out there for him my parents tried everything he gets DLA as he deaf blind and my mum gets carers allowance for him no i don't pay rent at home but my wages only stretch so far have be careful what i spend be nice to have more freedom with my money! as my brother struggled to get ESA wondering how hard i going to find it to apply for it as mine more hidden difficulties! i know you have go for medical checks as my brother did as his disability is so obvious something like A.S totally different! would ESA affect DLA though?

XKLX

DLA is not means tested, so you would carry on getting it however much miney you earned/claimedor even won on the lottery :clap:

Whether you couod get ESA, I don't know, especially at the moment :angry: You ought to be able to, but as you say, it's not easy especially with hidden disabilities. Worth a try tho..... If not, you may be able to claim some income support. I'm not totally sure of the rules for that one, if you are working a small amount. I think there's some kind of deduction of pretty much exactly what you earn. IS is about £65 per week, so if you earn more than that, it would be pointless caiming.

DLA is not means tested, so you would carry on getting it however much miney you earned/claimedor even won on the lottery :clap:

Whether you couod get ESA, I don't know, especially at the moment :angry: You ought to be able to, but as you say, it's not easy especially with hidden disabilities. Worth a try tho..... If not, you may be able to claim some income support. I'm not totally sure of the rules for that one, if you are working a small amount. I think there's some kind of deduction of pretty much exactly what you earn. IS is about £65 per week, so if you earn more than that, it would be pointless caiming.

Hi

Yes,the above about Income Support is correct.I was on Income support for 2 yrs and when I went to apply I was working at first and they said I could work and then "top up"with income support. So if you working 5 hrs per/week and getting paid £8p/h you get £40 p/w and then income support will pay you £25p/w on top of that. They say £65p/w is what people need to live on, so if you earning less than that they pay the difference.If you earn exacctly that or more then you cannot apply.

i earn 6.35 an hr where i work

So that means only if you are doing 10hrs or more each week you would not qualify for income support.Remember its what your contracted hours are not the extra shifts you do.If you contract says 5 hrs,you earn £31.75 p/w and income support will give you £33.25 p/w.If you work extra hours in the week the money will not be affected,so long as its not a regular occurance.

When I was on IS (about 5 years ago) you were allowed to keep the first £15 of any wages. I had to send in my wage slips every six weeks, so I am not sure what would have happened if I had earnt more one week.

Being on IS may also give you access to things like free prescriptions, that can also save you money.

The CAB should be able to go through everything with you, to check if you would be bettr off claiming benefits.

i NOT on a contract at all!!! i get free prescriptions as i have HC form from job centre as i on low income!

If you work, unless you're self employed, you have a contract, even if it's verbal.

Smiley, I think what you need to do is see a benefits adviser from somewhere like DIAL or the CAB. They should be able to tell you what kind of information they need, and then you can go away and collect it all together.

Not having steady hours makes things a bit more complicated, but they should be able to tell you what you are entitled to.