WillR73

Think I'll be around a while, so better say hi :)

The short story of me. Unfit for work at 24. 32 before some expert told me I was an Asperger. 34 before some expert told me I'd been bipolar for 20 years. You can imagine I've lived in interesting times :)

Now I'm 37, and I am what life has made me. I have one simple goal. I don't want to see the system create another me. Not good for anyone - I got damaged, wasted time of shrinks who didn't know what to do, and cost the taxpayer a fortune.

That's it - want to know something I ain't already said, go ahead and ask.

All stay well :)

>:D<<'>

Better say hi back!! :thumbs:

Hi interesting i was diagnosed as having a mood disorder, imtially been told i had outgrown adhd even tho i was never diagnosed and recently found aspergers as my sister recently my father are diagnosed aspergers.

Hi interesting i was diagnosed as having a mood disorder, imtially been told i had outgrown adhd even tho i was never diagnosed and recently found aspergers as my sister recently my father are diagnosed aspergers.

Diagnoses are only as good as the information exchanged. You be as honest and accurate as you can, then hope you got the right professional - a listener and a thinker. And it helps if you're religious - a couple of prayers can't hurt :D

hi my eldest daughter "shes 14 now"has a diagnosis of aspergers,A.D.D and associated mood disorder....she is one of the most beautiful,unique,couragess and honest people you could ever meet...im so proud of her and her attitude to what life has threw at her...dont think bout what the past has threw at you think about the future and try not"although i know its hard not to" put yourself down...we are all equal regarding to disability,race religon or whatever else...glad you are going to stick around for a while...... :thumbs::thumbs:

Cait, and I'm saying this friendly, one of the biggest problems I've run into is people who are not Aspergers, but still assume they understand what I'm saying. It never ends well...

I say I am what life made me - a big old back-room brawler. And that ain't all metaphorical...lol

Two reasons why you should see me as an asset, instead of offering comfort.

I've been a 14 yr old Asperger. And 15, 16, 17 etc... That doesn't mean I know what will happen to your daughter next year, or in the following years. But it does mean that I already faced some of the challenges she will have to face, and I did them without understanding and support. Which makes me a bit of an expert on what will come up and the consequences of getting it wrong.

Other reason. You need a bit of backup in fighting your daughter's battles? Who you want? An eternal optimist with a thick skin and eternal smile, or the guy who's been fighting the system, the human race, and his own brain for more years than your daughter's been alive?

Moral of the story - it isn't all about negative and positive - it's also about realistic and practical.

And you don't need to tell me about your daughter. She's an Asperger- I already know she's a wonderful person :)

the words you say are very true.... I would give anything, being an N.T. to step into my daughters world and fully understand her....oh yes i KNOW and love her deeply but will never truely.. no how she sees the world...but i have to believe as her mother (for my own sanitiy)that she will be able to have some peace within of the person she is and as u say shes an asperger and that is acceptional in my eyes...im truely sorry if i offended you with my comment....and i appreciate your honesty...and yes she is 15 at the end of this month... and i have no idea of what the future may hold...all i know is I will be here for her and my other children in everyway i possibly can.. thank you for taking time to reply to my post...

I didn't take any offense Cait - hope you didn't think I sounded a bit grumpy?

What I was trying to say is that there are people, like me, who it didn't go right for. It turns us into veterans of a war - the battle to live in a human world.

Don't wish us smiles for tomorrow - use us to stop your daughter joining our ranks

:)

hi you didnt sound grumpy at all lol...jst wanted to make sure i didnt offend you..I understand fully what you are saying and yes it makes perfect sense...history should not repeat itself with any child like my daughter....so heres hoping.