smiley1590

i'm learning to cook

i have new support worker due to my 'normal' support worker who is on maternity leave we discussed about targets on my support plan i am doing budgetting , we looked round tesco's today as tesco's walking distance to where i live so convient i walked round wrote down the price of food products i wanted to make a meal that healthy and fancy try cooking as simple and easy we start cooking next monday i buy my products on sunday as wrote down how much all cost me i making home made vegetable soup as also very cheap very surprised how much the low cost it is!!! quite excited now but scared and anxious too but determined to conquer my cooking skills through difficulties fear and anxieties where tend to put if off to 'another day' i let my care manager know by email our plans i also plan to make fresh made pizza half pepperoni and hawaiian pizza and also carbonara as looking for low cost as on part time wage but healthy basic easy simple cooking but sometime to work towards As a goal to make dinner for my parents and twin brother give my mum a night off be nice change treat for her! feel more positive about facing cooking challenges but don't know this may change when next monday arrives i may lose this feeling! it's about confidence with cooking building it up gradually i've got work on my independent living skills hard difficult mountain to climb as overwhelm myself with whole thing rather than breaking it down into smaller easier chunks i can manage and cope with in my head! i work myself up before even tried or done it but know same for norms out there too!!!

XKLX

thanks everyone!!! any other meals that easy simple to cook more ideas the better???

It depends what you mean by simple...

Are you ok at following step by step written instructions? (I have to prepare everything first otherwise it takes me too long and messes everyting up - drives my husband crazy as he is the master of scheduling)

What kind of food do you enjoy eating?

Do you want proper from-scratch recipes or are you happy using jars of sauces etc?

SPaghetti bolognese is also quite easy. And once you've mastered bolognese you can try lasagne too. Also macaroni cheese.

we looked round Tesco today as Tesco walking distance to where I live so convenient

Are there any farmers' markets where you live? Or maybe you could try a box order scheme to get a selection of seasonal vegetables. More details

I also plan to make fresh made pizza half pepperoni and Hawaiian pizza and also carbonara as looking for low cost as on part time wage but healthy basic easy simple cooking but sometime to work towards

Not sure how healthy pepperoni pizzas and pasta carbonara are on a regular basis - they're both high in simple carbs, salt and animal fats.

Edited by Aeolienne

Are there any farmers' markets where you live? Or maybe you could try a box order scheme to get a selection of seasonal vegetables. More details

Not sure how healthy pepperoni pizzas and pasta carbonara are on a regular basis - they're both high in simple carbs, salt and animal fats.

Animal fats are amoung the best fats out there. rich in nutrients, and minerals, nothing wrong with them at all.

Can't Cook, Won't Cook springs to mind here!

I think to cook one has to be in the mood. And to be in the mood one has to have already eaten which kind of defeats the point. A good cook also needs a helper to wash and dry everything. A good cook also needs someone to lay the table. I have neither. It is me, myself and...me!

Cooking simply requires too much energy to want to bother.

It also requires a suitably-sized kitchen which is something else I don't have. Not that it stops the over-zealous domestic bin services wanting me to turn it into some kind of industrial-sized rubbish cleaning and recycling plant every Sunday night of course which drives me up the wall and often leaves me feeling peaky after having splashed gone-off meat juices everywhere as I've transferred the remains of forgotten rotten beef steaks from packaging to my food caddy and washed the packet ready for suitable collection. I used to just place everything into a black bin bag and that was it but not any more!

Edited by Mike_GX101