Sign in to follow this  
Mumble

Spell Cheque...

I normally use Internet Explorer and on this forum in the reply box there's a little spell-check symbol. I had to download something to make it work, but it's great and also gives me a spell-check on other sites through a right-click.

However, my IE is doing odd things at the moment, so I'm using Firefox until I can find a boffin to fix my 'puter for me. And the spell-check has gone. :( Is there anyway of getting spell-check for this forum or in general when using Firefox?

I normally use Internet Explorer and on this forum in the reply box there's a little spell-check symbol. I had to download something to make it work, but it's great and also gives me a spell-check on other sites through a right-click.

However, my IE is doing odd things at the moment, so I'm using Firefox until I can find a boffin to fix my 'puter for me. And the spell-check has gone. :( Is there anyway of getting spell-check for this forum or in general when using Firefox?

I'm guessing it's 'IE spell', and a quick shufti round the web says it won't work in firefox as it's a directx plug in... CNet says that firefox does have a built in checker, though - you just need to activate it:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13880_3-9992321-68.html

Hope that works!

L&P

BD

Thanks - it is IE spell hence it not working with Firefox. I checked the settings for Firefox and apparently my spell-checker is activated, it just doesn't seem to be working... :unsure: Oh well, seem to have found the issue with IE so will be going back to using that soon - I know lots of people prefer Firefox, but I'm not one of them!!