JeanneA

What next?

Hi, as my son Glen is nearly 17 and I don't think that his current School is suitable for him to return to once his in-patient assessment has ended could you help me is suggesting alternatives to education please? Have you been in this position or do you know anyone who has been in the position with their child regarding what is next after education ceases? I would really appreciate suggestions thanks. Glen would not be able to attend a College. He needs something in his life otherwise he is going to be at home 24 hours a day, 7 days a week which isn't good for him or for me as his Mum.

Hello Jeanne,

Can I suggest you take a look at the challenging behaviour foundation at www.challengingbehaviour.org.uk. They have a wealth of experience and the website is full of information and advice. They have sections about transition, housing options and an online magazine.

Good luck!

Hi

I am living in colchester at present where i am doing a post graduate degree in speech an language therapy.

there is a centre here called Autism east anglia and i know they run both residential and day services for adults.