Sign in to follow this  
sesley

the census form

has included a question about disabilitys like learning and has a box of examples like Autism,so its interesting that they include autism in with say what religion or race.

has included a question about disabilities like learning and has a box of examples like Autism,so its interesting that they include autism in with say what religion or race.

Do you have a different form in Scotland to us in England? Mine doesn't have that question :unsure:

Should add, mine's the individual form for people living in communal residences, but as that includes care homes, I would expect it to contain a question about disability if that's on the standard form.

Edited by Mumble

page 10 after the one about race and religion is question 20 it asks do you have any of the following conditions which have lasted or are expected to last at least 12 months, tick all that applys.deafness,or partial,blindness or partial,learning disability for example downs syndrome,learning difficulty for example,autistic,spectrum disorder,or aspergers syndrome,physical disabilit,mental health condtion ,long term,illness,disease,or condtion, other conditions,please write in the boxes,question 21 is are your day to day activits limited because of a heath problem,or disability,which has lasted or is expected to last at least 12 months. yes its from the Scottish government.

page 10

Page 10?? :o:hypno:

My form must be completely different, it only has 7 pages. Maybe they thought students wouldn't bother if they had more to complete. :lol: That's really interesting though that they don't deem it necessary to ask us questions about disability when it's used to plan local services. :shame: I think when I have a moment, I shall take that up with them.

Mine doesn't - it's the standard English form.

It's interesting that we have different forms when we get a blank question to cater for the Welsh (the intentional blank one reads - "do you speak Welsh?" on the Welsh forms - if it weren't for the £1000 fine for defacing your form, I'd be tempted to write something rude in Welsh given their assumption that only those living in Wales can speak Welsh :shame:) I would have thought they would have done the same for the whole of the UK.

Where's 'Jedi' gone from the religion category? :unsure::ph34r:

I don't think it's about assuming people in England do not speak Welsh, it's just that it's completely irrelevant if you do.

I'm sure I remember my form having questions about disability and health, but no specific conditions were named.

I thought the idea of everyone travelling back to their birthplace, à la Mary and Joseph, was quite a good idea. A trip across Africa to Zimbabwe would be an adventure - even more so on a donkey. :)

Then someone pointed out to me that it's my husband's birthplace I would be going back to - not my own. Wait - that's....Birmingham! :lol::blink:

K x

Then someone pointed out to me that it's my husband's birthplace I would be going back to - not my own. Wait - that's....Birmingham! :lol::blink:

:lol: :lol: You'd better start developing a taste for spaghetti then - I hear that's where the famous spaghetti trees grow. :eat:

Where, as an adult, do I go without a husband? :unsure: Can I choose? :pray: :rubbing hands in delight emoticon: :lol:

Ours definitely had questions about disabilities and I'm sure it mentioned ASD too as I remember ticking the boxes for Logan - I did ours online with the plan to save it but when I finished it only let me submit - so ours, along with many others it seems, was in early.

We're in England.

Lynne x

If you read the front it says to complete on or just after the night of March 27th!

You are allowed to fill them in and submit them early, so long as you write about who is in your house on March 27th.

I filled mine in as soon as it arrived because I thought I would probably lose it and I knew I would not be having guests as I am scheduled to be at work tonight.

You are allowed to fill them in and submit them early, so long as you write about who is in your house on March 27th.

I filled mine in as soon as it arrived because I thought I would probably lose it and I knew I would not be having guests as I am scheduled to be at work tonight.

Ahh...but suppose you have an unexpected, tall, dark, handsome visitor on that night??!! :lol:;)

Bid :D

Yes, I filled mine in as soon as I got it for the same reason. As long as they get it.

I did put a comment about not disclosing something though, about my religion. I think it does say optional on the form, I hope it said optional on the form :whistle:

Other half is filling form in now. Does it ask about sexual orientation? I haven't checked. That's the only question I would find unnecessarily intrusive.

K x

has included a question about disabilitys like learning and has a box of examples like Autism,so its interesting that they include autism in with say what religion or race.

Mine had that too. I was really pleased to find a question about being a carer, and then that one which I filled out on my son's behalf.

Does it ask about sexual orientation? I haven't checked. That's the only question I would find unnecessarily intrusive.

No, they decided not to, I think because so many people would find it intrusive. Or would be afraid to answer.

i filled it in online, it seems if you are over 16, you get the disabilities question, if under or not of age of schooling, it misses that question out