Sign in to follow this  
IslandGirl

Scotson Technique - anybody any experience?

Just been reading in Autism File magasine about something called the Scotson Technique. This is a new one to me in the arena of therapies but it sounds interesting and plausible.

I wondered if anyone here had any experience of this - has anyone tried it with their children?

I know absolutely nothing about it - but in these situations Google is your friend. So for anyone else who wants to know, here you are. :)

http://www.scotsontechnique.com/scotson_technique.php

I've only skimmed a couple of pages but it seems to be a therapy which involves breathing in pure oxygen.

K x

Cerebra investigated Scotson Technique directly, and concluded:

The theory by which the Scotson technique might work has not been established...There is no scientific evidence that Scotson therapy is effective in improving children's breathing, posture, functioning or health. We are highly sceptical about Scotson therapy and the theory behind how it is supposed to work. We have major concerns with the claim that improvements can be achieved with 'all' children, even though they may have quite different conditions and diagnoses.

Full webpage here:

http://sites.pcmd.ac.uk/cerebra/evidence_what.php?e=2

The Autism File, eh? Is there nothing that Tommey woman wouldn't stick her name on? :rolleyes:

L&P

BD

A little bit of research on Tommey reveals her to be a complete charlatan with a vested interest in promoting all sorts of "cures" and interventions.