Sign in to follow this  
Gordie

"Temple Grandin"

Yes - here I am again, popping in as usual just to leave a note about some topical TV coming up soon! :D

• Sunday, April 3rd @ 9pm (130 mins), Sky Atlantic (& HD):
    "Temple Grandin" (UK premiere)
    - Claire Danes gives a Golden Globe-winning performance as the autistic woman who broke down barriers to become a celebrated academic. Inspirational biopic with Julia Ormond.
    - http://skyatlantic.sky.com/temple-grandin

• Sunday, April 3rd @ 11:10pm (125 mins), Sky Atlantic (& HD):
    "Autism: The Musical"
    - Moving, Emmy-winning documentary about pioneering techniques being used to help autistic children interact socially while expressing themselves creatively through musical theatre.

'Spect you'll need your Sky+ * for these! (Or they might appear on Sky Anytime and/or Sky Player, for those that can access them.)

(* = other PVRs are available)

Hi Gordie -

Nice to see you again!

The first link, Temple Grandin, is well worth a watch. Definitely one of the better movies on autism, with some really innovative ways of 'showing' rather than 'telling' the way TG interacts with the world as a visual thinker. A bit TV-Film in places, but then it is a TV film, and it's far less TV-Film than many TV-Fils iyswim...

I can't offer any personal observation on 'Autism - The Musical' 'cos I haven't seen it, but if it's anything like 'Autistic and Stagestruck' that was made by C4 (I think) it will be awful.

I can't watch it, 'cos we don't have Sky, but I'm sure it will make it's way to my telly-box by some other means soon and i can either rant or rave then! :lol:

L&P

BD

Those programs sound fab, it's World Autism Day on Saturday which is probably why they are showing autism films.

Oooh! I haven't seen either of these and shall definitely aim for a quiet and peaceful evening in front of the tele with my mothers day choccies!??? Mmmm , perhaps i'd better sky plus them! 

Just giving this a lil bump, as these shows are on tonight ... and coz I see it's Lucie1979 and BusyLizzie100's birthday too, so :bday: to you both! :D