Sign in to follow this  
merlin1

newish member

Hello I have posted in general discussion about the ADOS test. Son had it and they say he is not on the spectrum. Then why has he dispalyed these behaviours since 3 yrs old? We live in Moray scotland and there is very little support and help here. My youngest has aspergers and they are very similar. Whats your advice? thanks

hi im in the highlands ,just, we have done ADOS for my 15 yera old dd,and have a 13 year old and 10 year old also showing problems,but the one thing we were told was they have to show the triad of traits and the other thing was it had to have an effect on their life,ie my 15 year old hasnt been to school for nearly 3 years now and very rarely leaves the house,but she was only diagnosed 6 months ago,not sure how old your son is but we too are finding not enough help,my 13 year old son has also been out of school for nearly a year,these people come up with lots of ideas but dont actauly have to live with the children,but i would say just keep pushing and keep a diary of the weird and wonderful things that he may do that way you can show them,thats what i do now otherwise you forget.we now have social services involved as it seems all 3 have problems but still cant say that much is being done.