Sign in to follow this  
B's Mum

Hello from a newbie

Hi all, My son B is currently mid diagnosis with AS after 3 years of chasing it up as I knew he wasn't right iykwim he's number 3 of 5 kids (first 3 to ex) and was described as just a boy, or a naughty boy (older 2 are girls) for years until I finally got the paediatrician to sit down and pay attention (after she discharged us 18 months ago as she didn't think there was anything wrong with him) last month. She gave me and the school a questionnaire and we're just waiting for his follow up appt to see what she says.

He's just about to turn 7 and I've pulled him out of school twice in 9 months due to issues with staff/parents/other kids but can't get him moved to another school in town due to politics and zoning issues, however we're hoping once he has his full diagnosis he can start afresh somewhere where the staff won't automatically blame him for everything as he's labelled a trouble maker!!

The funny thing is my DH used to be a carer and looked after many young adults with AS and he's now kicking himself that he never picked up on any of the little quirks B has that are indicators for AS.

That's it for now, I'm off for a wander around to get some more insight from you all.

xx

Hi all, My son B is currently mid diagnosis with AS after 3 years of chasing it up as I knew he wasn't right iykwim he's number 3 of 5 kids (first 3 to ex) and was described as just a boy, or a naughty boy (older 2 are girls) for years until I finally got the paediatrician to sit down and pay attention (after she discharged us 18 months ago as she didn't think there was anything wrong with him) last month. She gave me and the school a questionnaire and we're just waiting for his follow up appt to see what she says.

He's just about to turn 7 and I've pulled him out of school twice in 9 months due to issues with staff/parents/other kids but can't get him moved to another school in town due to politics and zoning issues, however we're hoping once he has his full diagnosis he can start afresh somewhere where the staff won't automatically blame him for everything as he's labelled a trouble maker!!

The funny thing is my DH used to be a carer and looked after many young adults with AS and he's now kicking himself that he never picked up on any of the little quirks B has that are indicators for AS.

That's it for now, I'm off for a wander around to get some more insight from you all.

xx

Hi and welcome Bs mum ,

the symptoms are so wide and varied it is very hard for many proffesionals to understand,you've done very well and are a tough n..

Hello and welcome to the forum. you will find incredible support in this forum. Tell you DH not to blame himself, he is the first son and you had no one to compare him with, All will be well once he has diagnosis he can then have support. knowing the problem/ diagnosis can do different things to people, some people find relief, comfort, some people throw themselves at it and read as much as they can about it, you will find your path and your son is lucky to have such caring parents.

best wishes

mygifts1306 xxx