Sign in to follow this  
Abby-Lee

Hello this is us

Hello so glad I found this site. Your posts sound very familiar.

We are me (Abby) Husband (wishes to remain anon)Alfie 13 diagnosed with Aspergers Sept 2010 but I still have no paper work, Poppie 12 irratingly neurotypical, Josie 11 (Y6) dyslexia but otherwise neuro typical and Zachary 9 (Y4) diagnosed with Aspergers Jan 2010.

Boys Aspergers (or purgers as we call it, or my syndrome as Zac calls it) is different to each other, Alfie quiet, withdrawn and genius (not savant), well he was quiet till the hormones kicked in. Zac loud, inappropriate, major obsessions.

Waiting for Zac to be statemented by school.

Waiting for Alf's school to work out what Aspergers is some time before his 1st gsce's which is May 2012.

Have been entertained by the education system and psychology services in London Borough of Redbridge these last 7 years.

Could write a book.

But won't.

Intrigued that many of you don't work. Not an option for me not to work. This ofcourse brings its own challenges and rewards.

Speak soon

Abby

Welcome. It sounds as though 2010 was quite a year for your family! Hope you get what the boys need. I work, albeit part time, and am hanging on to it, although it's not easy. Keeps me sane in an odd sort of way.

Hello and welcome