Sign in to follow this  
squox

Hand Tremors

My son is now 23 year and for years had had hand tremors of varying degrees and has taken them as part of his every day life, but they were really bad yesterday to the point where he became worried.

Are tremors part of AS and what cuases them? Is there anything he can take or do to help alleviate them?

i have hand tremors also plays up mostly when concertrate or focus on something hard or anxious nervous .... can run in families as my mum also had this! so mine may also be genetic too i wonder is there is AS link or connection?

XKLX

i have hand tremors also plays up mostly when concertrate or focus on something hard or anxious nervous .... can run in families as my mum also had this! so mine may also be genetic too i wonder is there is AS link or connection?

XKLX

I have been told they are related to his AS but I am trying to find out what causes them and what he can do to help calm them down - if I remeber reightly it was something to do with dopemine and/or serotonin levels and vitamin D might help but just wanted to check first.

I developed terrible tremors when the dr put me onto Imipramine to try to reduce my anxiety levels. It seems to be a recognised side effect: there is a rich selection of possible side effects listed in the leaflet, of which I have developed quite a crop. The tremors, however, have at least lessened with time.

I developed terrible tremors when the dr put me onto Imipramine to try to reduce my anxiety levels. It seems to be a recognised side effect: there is a rich selection of possible side effects listed in the leaflet, of which I have developed quite a crop. The tremors, however, have at least lessened with time.

Have a look at Dyspraxia,amny people are made that way and others get through injury trauma.Many of the symptoms overlap with asd's

Hi there, I am relatively new to all this myself but lots of my family had Huntington's disease and it seems this is linked to Tourettes/ASD/OCD and all due to Serotonin levels and spinal cord being affected. Tremors and tics are symptoms of Tourettes and Huntinton's (along with other things of course) and can be seen alongside ASD so maybe this is worth looking into. As I said, no expert but literally been researching this just now so am relaying what I've read - might be worth looking into though. Hope that helps & best of luck

This may be totally unrelated, but I have had tremors for a few years, progressively getting worse, last year I was diagnosed with an overactive thyroid (tremors are a symptom). Since receiving treatment (propranolol and carbimazole) these tremors have completely disappeared.

Apparently thyroid disfunction can go unnoticed for years in many people, the only reason I found out was due to going to my GP with stress and anxiety (how many would put this down to the AS?) and having a blood test as a result which screened for thyroid function.