Mumble

Here comes the bride...

I was wondering what plans people had for the Royal Wedding? :party:

Me, because my favourite things are: crowds, unpredictability, getting wet in the rain, being pushed and shoved, more crowds, noise, more noise, getting up earlier than normal and more crowds, I'm off to central London to watch the procession... :wacko::unsure:

But I have a hat :jester: (yep, it's about as silly as that one!) and party food :party: and a sister to protect me :fight::whistle: and wedding-tootsies!! :lol: :lol:

I'm just going to watch it on telly at home with Mitzi.

My grandma is completely disinterested and she says she is going to go to the shops because they will be quiet!

Photographic evidence of the tootsies please Mumble!

I shall watch it on the BBC all day. Just wondering if I have the inclination to make minature red, white and blue bunting to replace the wee eggs on my easter tree... ;)

Eldest DD is outraged as it's also her 16th birthday on Friday, and she fears the country may be somewhat distracted and not paying her enough attention!

Bid :D

Edited by bid

You remember that pump-action shot gun I mentioned in the 'gadget's' thread... :whistle:

Seriously, Ben's playing golf in the morning, we're food shopping in the arvo 'cos he's got a scouts ex-per-dission on Saturday, and we'll spend the evening trying to avoid any mention of the happy parasites couple.

So if any guns do go off (other than the official ones fired in salute) it won't be anything to do with me. Honest Injun. I haven't even got an illegal shotgun disguised as a walking crutch concealed in several parts in the roofing felt in my attic, and the wooden spatula for my wok isn't a gun stock even if it does look like one. and I wouldn't even begin to know how to make an effective silencer out of a plastic lemonade bottle and a packet of sawdust. Honest Injun.

Very best to the happy couple, God bless Kate and all who go down with her, poor cow. :o

Oh Happy Birthday sweet sixteen (tra-la-la-la-la) to B, just make the street parties YOUR party and have a luvverly day. :party::thumbs:

Edited by baddad

Watching it on TV most likely. I'm not hugely interested but my daughter wants to see it. My sister is horrified that we live in London and are not actually going to attempt to see anything in person lol - but going into London on Friday sounds like my idea of hell! There are a couple of street parties locally too, one of my best friends is having one on her street so we may or may not gate crash that ;)

Lynne

Not a royalist but it's pure theatre, innit? :clap:

Telly on, bottle of fizz and something nice to eat - not sure what yet! Just nosy about the clothes. :)

K x

I enjoyed the 'Sue and Giles' get married special last night (Sue Perkins/Giles Coren) but was disappointed Sue didn't wear her Felicity Kendal-Mintcake wig again. :(

If it's on catch up I might watch it again, while I sit oiling the barrel of the pump action shotgun eating my dinner tonight.

:D

I will be busy being grumpy because Friday is my one and only day when kiddo is at college and DH is at work and I get to have the day entirely to myself .......... usually, (grrrr)!!! Already, I had last Friday spoilt by their annoying presence and next week DH has the Friday off so I've gotta wait ages for my next nice relaxing ME Friday! Hmph! :wallbash:

~ Mel ~

Well I'm getting quite excited now. :D Given that everyone I've spoken to has shuddered when I've said I'm going into town and has said they're keeping as far away from London as possible (for some reason they don't get my response of: "So somewhere in the middle of the Pacific Ocean?" :whistle:), it should just be me, my sister and several hundred Americans out on the street tomorrow!!! Thankfully the weather forecast has improved, so my hat shouldn't get too wet! :jester::lol:

Love the video Tally! :lol:

Mumble where will you be and what colour hat will you be wearing? We'll look out for you on the telly. :lol:

K x

Mumble where will you be and what colour hat will you be wearing? We'll look out for you on the telly. :lol:

We're hoping to be on the Mall near Buckingham House, but I'm thinking it may be too busy - my bus got diverted on the way home tonight because of the crowds already there reserving their places (really :o). I have a very patriotic hat - big and blue with a union jack!!! :jester::lol:

Hope its fun Mumble - the atmosphere looks amazing. She really was very pretty too and for all the faff they really did look like a young couple in love which is nice :)

Lynne x

I wasn't really interested, but I'm so glad I watched it on telly. I really enjoyed it and the crowds in London looked like they were having a great time. I hope you enjoyed it Mumble! Although there were loads of people, it looked like a really friendly atmosphere.

They both looked really relaxed and happy.

Well!! The Award for the Most Disasterous Fashion Choice has to go to...The Princesses Bea and Eugenie!! :partytime:

Extraordinary, absolutely extraordinary, bless 'em :lol:

Thought Kate was a bit heavy-handed with the blusher, otherwise thoroughly enjoyed the whole spectacle, and quite liked The Dress!

Bid :D

Edited by bid

Well, I hadn't intended to watch it, but I turned it on at 11.00 and got sucked right in and ended up really enjoying it, wished I'd turned it on earlier. Jay even came down and watched it with me. :) I loved seeing all the horses and guards. Part of me would have loved being in London to be part of it, another part would absolutely hate all the pushing and shoving.

Loved her dress, so understated and elegant and simple. Thought she looked like a medieval princess, all she needed was the tall pointy hat! I thought the glances they were exchanging were really charming too. Felt a bit sorry for her sister, she had a very stressful job, what with carrying that heavy train and making sure not to trip over during such a long walk, talk about responsibility, thought she looked very nervous. Was very impressed with how calm the bride looked, she even looked as if she was enjoying it and I thought she was very confident and composed. Maybe she'd had a couple of stiff gins beforehand! Anyway, good luck to 'em. :thumbs:

~ Mel ~

Wow!! :thumbs: I've had a wonderful day!! :D I was really worried about the crowds and the pushing (I've been to New Year in London and it was horrible, even my NT sister who goes to - and enjoys - night clubs and such like said she wouldn't so that again) but almost everyone was really well behaved and there was a lovely atmosphere. There were three badly behaved adults who thought they could turn up late and push to the front but after one of them had elbowed me in my spine for the third time, I 'politely' asked them to step backwards. :whistle: We got there early and so were pretty close to the front near some of the BBC cameras, so got a really good view. :clap:

I took loads of photos (how did we ever cope before the advent of digital!!) which I need to sort out, but here's a couple of my favourites:

Men with furry bear hats and sharp sticks

Kate and Wills on the way back from Westminster Abbey

Newly Weds :)

Prince Charles and others

Fly past

Well!! The Award for the Most Disasterous Fashion Choice has to go to...The Princesses Bea and Eugenie!! :partytime:

Extraordinary, absolutely extraordinary, bless 'em :lol:

Yes I thought it was a large spider on top of Bea's head. I was thinking - all that money - and that's the best they can do?? Second award has to go to Princess Anne - she's obviously a bit hard up as she had to make her outfit out of the curtains.

There were lots of interesting hats - the "satellite dish" look appears to be in fashion this year. I thought Victoria Beckham's little pill box looked a bit odd perched on her forehead. :unsure: And why wasn't Sam Cam wearing a hat? :shame: All credit to Tara Palmer Tomkinson - instead of distracting attention from her disastrously reconstructed nose she wore a hat which actually pointed towards it!

THE dress was elegant, much better than Di's vulgar concoction.

Great photos Mumble :thumbs:

K x

WOW Amazing pics Mumble!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

I wasnt going to watch it but kids turned it on at 10am and i sat and watched the whole thing!!! I loved it!!

Wow you had a great spot mumble. I went too. I had the same worries, but thought I'd go and see how I did (part of my challenge list). I went a few days in the week to get a feel first. I didn't end up with a great spot but was still great to experience. I never saw Will and Kate at all. I did see the queen and Harry and Kate's sister on the balcony. I am very please with my achievement and I am a royal fan. The first I have ever been to. :dance:

Shopping for Ben's camping ex-perd-isshun was wonderful! Shops well stocked but almost empty of people! Glad it was nice and sunny, though, as if dark it would have felt a bit like 'Dawn of the Dead' (although if you shop at Iceland, I guess you wouldn't notice any difference!).

So from a shopping point of view I'm all for a royal wedding every weekend, but obviously given the millions it costs it would be a little indulgent. Would peeps still be as keen if it was a registry office 'do' followed by a pony and trap ride to the local harvester for the reception, with the bride and groom happily ensconced in a housing association one bed flat on their return from a fortnight's honeymoon on the Isle of Wight? If so - lets got for it! :thumbs::thumbs: As far as shopping goes, 'Every Little' 'Elps'. :lol:

L&P

BD

Hi Mumble

Well done!

The atmosphere did look really friendly and happy on the TV. Your photos are brilliant, all the colour and pageantry, you had a great view! (Big hunky Policeman in one photo too :shame: )

I thought Catherine looked beautiful, and very confident and composed, and TOTALLY AGREE :hypno: about Beatrice & Eugenie - they looked like Pantomime Dames :lol: Catherine's family all looked very stylish indeed. I was worried Pippa might stumble on the steps as she had very high heels on! I thought Chelsy Davy was an old woman from a distance :o Posh looked too worried about what everyone might think to even smile :unsure:

Loved the Aston Martin with the stuff tied on and the L plate and the Just Wed number plate - nice humorous touch!

Just seen a lovely photo of the Newlyweds posted by Suzanne Moore/Charlie Brooker on twitter...

A bit 'PG' for the forum, so no link I'm afraid, but anyone interested could find it quickly enough using google... Hosted on twitpic.com, whatever that is (?)

Just seen a lovely photo of the Newlyweds posted by Suzanne Moore/Charlie Brooker on twitter...

A bit 'PG' for the forum, so no link I'm afraid, but anyone interested could find it quickly enough using google... Hosted on twitpic.com, whatever that is (?)

:o:blink::lol: :lol:

I'm sure she's just tying his shoelaces... :whistle::ph34r: What's actually funnier are the comments from people who have chosen to take offence at it - after taking the effort to find it, look at it, and be so offended that they didn't close the window but instead logged in to comment... :shame::rolleyes:

I've just thought of a rather good caption involving a shortened version of the future Kings name and/or a reference to his bald spot... hem hem... :whistle:

I just thought of another one, involving the icing on the royal wedding cake featuring a motif of 'Royals through the Ages', but I think I'd better save it for twitter... :o

Very best to the happy couple, God bless Kate and all who go down with her

All? Presumably only one from now on... :lol:

There was another royal wedding yesterday, in Luxembourg! Compare and contrast...

That's the last crown prince in Europe gone. Of the next generation of heirs apparent, the oldest is Prince Joseph Wenzel of Liechtenstein, aged 17..

On ‎21‎/‎10‎/‎2012 at 10:01 PM, Aeolienne said:

There was another royal wedding yesterday, in Luxembourg! Compare and contrast...

That's the last crown prince in Europe gone. Of the next generation of heirs apparent, the oldest is Prince Joseph Wenzel of Liechtenstein, aged 17...

The link to the coverage of the Luxembourg royal wedding is now broken, but you can view some pictures of the occasion here.

Whilst there are no crown princes available at the time of writing there are currently three crown princesses on the books, of which the eldest is Elisabeth of Belgium.

On ‎21‎/‎10‎/‎2012 at 10:01 PM, Aeolienne said:

Of the next generation of heirs apparent, the oldest is Prince Joseph Wenzel of Liechtenstein

Interview (not translated by me!)