Sign in to follow this  
Lucie1979

YES!!!!! At last!!!

Xavier FINALLY has an appointment! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

The ball is now officially rolling! The school nurse who read my report/referral reasons said my write up was very informative and painted a good picture of Xaviers "problem areas".

Appt is on 13th June. This whole thing started back in October.

It says on the appointment letter to allow an hour for this appointment. Just wondering on 1st appointments at the child development centre what sorts of things will be spoken about? Etc? I think I heard the school nurse say that 1st appt will be me and hubby being asked lots of questions about family background etc and they will set Xavier up with a few activities.

Good news - a step forward! :thumbs:

Can't answer your questions as my experience - daughter diagnosed very late at 15 - was quite different. Hopefully someone else can. :)

K x

Hello Lucie.

My DS was first asessed 4 years ago. The consultant asked me and hubby about our family circumstances, the support we give DS at home, his medical history etc. The thing we found the most difficult was when she asked about milestones, like what age he said his first word, and when he started walking. It was so hard to remeber by the time he was 4 :o

There was another person there who played some games with DS to try and see where his problems were. It was done very gently and DS seemed to enjoy it!

I hope it all goes well.

Nicky x