Sign in to follow this  
Tally

More Job Applications

Just put a job application into a shoe shop. It looks like a really good kind of job that I would enjoy and the staff I've seen mostly seem to be women up to about my own age so hopefully an opportunity to make friends I'd have something in common with. But I'm not sure they are offering enough hours, they didn't know when I asked.

I've also applied for a job as a charity shop manager. They are opening up 2 new shops near me so that's twice the chances! But I don't really know what that kind of job would be like so I don't know if I'd enjoy it.

There's also a vacancy at another branch of the company I currently work for. It's just about enough hours and a job I think I would really like - doing the shopping for online orders - so I'd be going round the whole shop and would meet lots of other staff while I'm working in different parts of the shop, not just my own department. I can apply for a transfer so I might stand a better chance than an external applicant. Also it's nearer my house than where I currently work, so I can say that is my reason for wanting to transfer without having to complain about the mad woman I have to work with.

3 applications in a week though, it must be some kind of record for me!!

Well I popped in to work to ask about the transfer. The personnel office is actually in the canteen and when I went into the canteen I seem to have walked in on a bit of a manager's meeting, but there was no one from personnel in the office. I found someone on the shop floor though and she took me back to the personnel office and said to write a note for the personnel manager as she wasn't in today and she'd get the ball rolling tomorrow. She wasn't sure what the procedure was, but anyway it's going to start tomorrow :)

I left my phone number with the note so she can phone me tomorrow if she needs to know anything more, though I'm back in work on Sunday anyway.

Instead of saying the other shop is closer I said this one is too far, which wasn't really what I meant :rolleyes:

On my way out the manager asked the personnel lady if everything was OK and she just said, "yes," and then added, "well no, but yes." I suppose they would have realised that this means I will be leaving the job at some point even if I don't get this transfer.

Well even though it didn't go great, hopefully I will get the result I want from it. I think I'm in with a good chance being an internal candidate.

Well good luck x 3! :thumbs: You'll be very experienced at interviews after all this. I hope you get one and that it's the one you really want.

K c

They've taken the transfer job off the website now so it looks like I've missed out :(

Or maybe they don't need anyone else now you've said you are interested? What's this mad woman doing? Are you being bullied?