Sign in to follow this  
squizz

dla form section 36 for under 16

hi im new to the forum and my son who is 8 has aspergers and dyspraxia. i have filled in the form for dla (well cab did it for me)

but the section 36 (from another person who knows the child) was left blank, i thought she said i was to fill it in but on reading it someone else should do it

some one told me that it is better for a professional to do it, would his sen teacher be ok as i am not seeing anyone else till june and the form should be in by the 25th may as its dated

thanks in advance for any advice

I'm sure the SEN teacher is fine if she knows him well and is on your side - i.e. will write supporting things that will help your case. I actually got a close friend of mine to fill in that section for my daughter's application. She had known my daughter for several years but she had also been caring for her for a couple of hours a week while I worked and so filled it in from that perspective.

K x

Over the years the school doctor, my son's Special Needs Health Visitor, and finally his CAMHS psychiatrist filled in this section.

More recently with my daughter, who has a physical disability due to an accident, her Occupational Therapist filled in this section.

HTH

Bid :)

Edited by bid

thanks i will definately ask her then, she has been brilliant so far and has arranged for the ed phycologist and pushed for occupational therapy and arranged for an autistic advisor to come in and help with behavior advice

i asked my sons swimming teacher. she has a lot of experience with as kids and dla forms> we will see.

My sons teacher did it for me when we renewed last year (he attends an SLD school). Prior to that his respite carer did it - it just has to be someone who knows your child and the difficulties they face, well.

Lynne