Sign in to follow this  
invent 10 things b4 breakfast

...and guess what we didn't get it!

As seems to be the norm with most peoples applications I have read, we had our DLA refused on the grounds that our son needs to require more than 1 hours care per day! DUH! :wallbash: I don't think they can count! :angry:

What a load of rubbish (can't put what I really want to say, but I think you can probably guess! :tearful: )

So all the hours that we parents put in analysising our childrens care and carefully documenting it... for what? As if we don't have enough to do with our time - I'm sure that's what they think.

What's more I put my sons Child Development Centre Consultants name all over the paper for them to contact her for information... so they contact the school instead, not a dickybird to the consultant! and we all know what schools are like, pretty vague at the best of times.

Oh, and our son DOES have a diagnosis of Aspergers!

So cheers DWP and I'll see you at the appeal! What a load of :jester:

Edited by invent 10 things b4 breakfast

hello becky

i think those dla forms are terrible anyway,i assumed that if a child has a diagnosis of asp they automatically got dla,shows what i know,fight them every step of the way,as if you havent got enough to do!!

good luck love hev

Hi

The same thing happened to us when my son was 11 yrs old. The DLA asked his junior school about him and the Head said my son was no different to any of the other children! so because of the schools input our renewel of DLA was refused. My son has AS, TS, ADD and dyspraxia.

sorry you didn't get it, hope you appeal is successul.

Not boding well for us then, I just got a letter saying they had written to the school!

Elaine

Hi Becky, ask your Child Development Centre Consultant to write to them direct. Ours did this and it overturned the decision within the week. An alternative is to go through your local MP. I was told by someone in the know that the MPs office can get a decision within the week, however I have never had to go down this route yet with DLA as we have been lucky so far. As you've already realised for some reason it's fairly normal to be refused on the grounds that the school will not acknowledge difficulties. Our school refused to help only to be asking for our help months later as they were not coping!!!

Good Luck

Denise 2 :)

Good luck Becky for your DLA appeal >:D<<'>

I've just posted my son's Post 16 DLA forms, so now I'm waiting in fear and trembling, as although he's had DLA since he was 6, these new forms were quite different :ph34r:

Bid

Hi Becky. Sorry about the decision on your DLA, I'm awaiting ours too and it should be any day now, and for ours too they've written to the school and consultant. Both are on our side but I'm still a bit twitchy.

Best of luck with your appeal. Keep at 'em!

Karen

x

Oo err,just had the renewal forms through.Breaking out in a cold sweat thinking about it.Luckily,our son is at a special School and they seem more clued up as to what the DLA numpties need to know.xx

Thanks everyone,

I just rang them and pointed out that they contradicted their decision from what I'd put in the form, so "they will look into it" :wallbash:

So I rang my son's Child Development Consultant and I'm getting her to write a letter direct, she's good at that ;)

As it turned out it was the information the school provided that got it refused! Apparently he is like the other children social at school :angry: Oh that must be why he was a 20 hour statement! (which they didn't even get right in their letter, they said 15!)

So a word of warning, if your school is not 100% behind you - be careful! Always get as much "professional" documentation as you can and enclose it with the form.

Good luck with all of you who are still waiting for an outcome. >:D<<'>

There has to be an easier way... surely? :crying:

Edited by invent 10 things b4 breakfast

hi all read your posts on dla applied for my twins in feb05 without diagnosis twin2 rejected after 8days yes8days took me longer to fill in the form twin1 was rejected after 4months yes they had the form for 4months what a cheek will not go to appeal after everything that has happened to them and us decided to leave it for another day when i feel strong enough good luck to all those applying and waiting to hear results and those on appeal keep smilin luv karin xx :):):):):):)

Karin - I'm so sorry they've been messing you about like this. :angry:

Good luck to all those waiting for a decision. I sent in an application for my youngest son last week. It made him sound like the child from hell but I have a feeling we'll still get turned down. :wallbash::angry:

Asked my son's Child Development Consultant to write a letter, she was more than willing to do so but was not allowed to resond on my behalf :angry: WHAT?

So after speaking to the DLA they sent a confirmation letter, only it doesn't say "appeal" it says "re-consideration" which takes about another 11 weeks! Oh they are crafty!

So another phone call to them tomorrow, only they don't want to hear from you again until they've re-considered it :wallbash:

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! :wacko:

Sorry to hear about your ordeal Karin, you must have your hands full as it is.

So if you go for an appeal rather than a re-consideration - what's the difference? Do you have to physically have to attend an appeal?

Appeal you have to attend, reconsideration allows you to put supporting evidence not included so far and any other further information in and then it is viewed by another decision maker.

They do take a lot of what the schools say into consideration as they have the children for usually at least 6 hours per day, so I suppose getting them onside is vital.

You can appeal instead of asking them to reconsider, contact your local Citizens Advice or Welfare Rights, they should be able to help you.

Edited by lil_me

HI

reading all these posts is scarry. I spent about 5 hours yesterday trying to fill in the initial section 2 DLA form. I went to the C.A.B and phoned the number they give for advice on the form......I am now even more confused. How are you suppose to answer "how many times a day does your child need help" and "how long in minutes".

I am really encouraged to know at least some people have managed to sucseed.!!!

Mary

Hi guys we sent off the forms as instructed put in all the gumph etc we got rejected i got sick of it all i contacted the Mp he was our knight in shining armour he was fantastic we went from the low rate to the high rate whats more it came through with arrears within 2 weeks fight them all the way you must we put hundreds into our systems every year to get nothing back its pathetic i encourage all people to appeaql to the best they can i even had welfare rights look at our case he said we didnt include enough info but the Mp's back up they really looked at the case properly and we are so happy hence the writing and spelling mistakes too much wine thanks guys take care x x x x x x Elizabeth x x x x :bat:

Hi. I sent my daughters form off 7 weeks ago.

When i rang they told me they hadnt recieved the reply from the school and could i chase them.... (the cheek)

Still waiting for answer. Just hope its ok. :pray: