Sign in to follow this  
Viper

Anyone watch Big Brother?

So come on then who is going to win or should win? I want Makosie to win or Derek - he is brilliant he cracks me up :lol:

And I would love to see either Saskia or Maxwell walk. Did you see what he did to Science's meal :sick:

Carole

Edited by carole

I am convinced the new housemate Eugene is an aspie. Even his mum said he had strange obsessions as a child, he had a light bulb collection, she also said he never slept and always asked loads of questions.

Have a look and see what you all think. He is the most lovely person, I want to give him a hug. >:D<<'>

Viper.

Carole, Makosie all the way, Saskia out on Friday. Of course it would be lovely to see Eugene win but I don't think so some how.

And I thought it was just me and Gordie who watched it on here, what is it about BB that people don't like to admit they watch it?

We should start a campaign to out the BB watchers :lol:

Hi,

I agree, other half doesn't. Will now tell him about light bulb collection !! (I had a carrier bag collection, felt better when V&A had an exhibition, they must have collected them too !)

I think he seems a lovely bloke but fear for him with some of that bunch. I vowed not to get hooked this year, so far am mainly listening cos I have my back to the tv.

wac

Very odd cos my hubby thinks not too, must be a male thing (head in the sand)

I too fear for him but so far they are all being very nice, wonder how long that will last. I find it hard to watch him, I cringe when he says things as I think they will start to ridicule him.

I hope he dosen't get hurt.

Viper.

Makosie to win (14 to 1, am told by other half ) I thought he just fancied her !

But apart from biased gambling view, I think she's great, and excellent at lying !

Derek is hilarious, Science's yorkshire patois cracks me up, the rest can all go now for me. It's amazing what you can glean from just listening and the occasional glimpse away from the pc.

Funny that, cos now other half is saying " I told you he was aspie the first time he appeared ! "

I hope he doesn't get hurt, having to listen to saskia is enough torture for anyone !

My Mum has got to be one of BB's oldest fans. She has watched every series and it is she who has me now hooked. She is now 70 and wont miss a minute unless she has to :o She wants Kamal to win because she wants to mother him :wacko:

Carole

that's great, Carole, my mother would be horrified by their behaviour/attitude/language etc. I think she lives in some parrallel universe where everyone is nice and talks about curtains (that last bit is other half's quite astute opinion,although it kills me to say so !)

I just can't make Kamal out, but can see why your mum would want to mother him. I can't understand how anyone would want to go on BB to have their whole personality studied by so many people. I struggle to cope with explaining our family to those who 'know' us !

Hi all,

well, I havn't been on here for a while as I'm just addicted to reality T.V, :P I'm a people watcher and love to see how others act in certain situations (Psychology), it just fascinates me.

I came here to see if anyone else thought that Eugine has Asperger's and sure enough I'm not the only one who thinks so too!!! ;) I noticed as soon as I saw him, that he was a possible Aspie, his manorisms as well as all the other stuff he say's about himself, then when I saw his mum on BBLB and she talked about him, it just all makes sense that he is an Aspie. (my opinion) :wacko:

I've just e-mailed BB to let them know my opinion and to pass my thoughts on to him and his mum, and to congradulate them on putting someone like him in the House, I just hope and pray though that he can cope in there and that he doesn't recieve too much flack or "mickey taking".

He's such a lovely bloke and know's exactly how others percieve him, he has described himself as weird, different, an anorak kind of bloke and just hope he go's far - the world needs people such as him, and is a very good role model for our kids.

There's nothing wrong with the Asperger's person themselves, it's a problem for others and how they see them. Hopefully the BB viewers will be knowledgable, understanding and appreciate that there are thousands of Eugine's here in the U.K that all need to be understood and loved just like the rest of us. We are all different and all deserve respect and acceptance.

Best wishes to you all,

sorry for the length of this post, :lol: I got carried away!

Rach x

He's such a lovely bloke and know's exactly how others percieve him, he has described himself as weird, different, an anorak kind of bloke and just hope he go's far - the world needs people such as him, and is a very good role model for our kids.

There's nothing wrong with the Asperger's person themselves, it's a problem for others and how they see them. Hopefully the BB viewers will be knowledgable, understanding and appreciate that there are thousands of Eugine's here in the U.K that all need to be understood and loved just like the rest of us. We are all different and all deserve respect and acceptance.

Rachel - BEAUTIFULLY said!! :D

I haven't really been much into it, infact, the first eposode I ever watched was the one when the 3 new housemates were introduced!! I weren'ty taking much notice of it, weren't much else on TV and was reading a newspaper at the time also but I tuned in lastnight and watched him and cringed (yep, I'm sorry!). I thought at first he was a Mummy's boy and geek-ish but after watching him and listening to him in that Diary room, well, my heart went out to him. He really does have his head screwed on and what a lovely lovely young man he is too.

I would love for him to win, but unfortunately, I know just how cruel people can be!!

My hope - that he comes through this experience as the same lovely guy as he was when he went in!!

i been watching bb and i think eugine is aspy and kinger whatever her name is, seems like and adder to me :rolleyes: i dont know why, but i am able to see adhd and aspie in most people, i must stop anylising!! and by the way i want makosi to win, maxwel and saskia out i cant stand them any longer!! :pray:

I came on here just to see if anyone else had mentioned could Eugene be an Aspie - I thought that as soon as I saw him but hearing his mum describe him as a child (from another mum who used to tour the lightening departments at DIY shops :) ) made me think hmmmm...

He does seem like a lovely man :)

Actually it hadn't occured to me, but I haven't been watching much. Had to think hard to work out which one was Eugene. I saw him crying in the diary room and thought he was very vulnerable, and sweet. He just didn't pick up the vibes between the two girls, which (now I come to think about it) is just typical.

Will watch with interest.

Hi all

Jeeez talk about been on the same wavelength. the second he started talking on friday, me and the hubby looked at each other and said almost in unison " i bet he is on the spectrum somewhere". And the more we have seen the more convinced we are. I have just been listening now to him, he was asked if he had seen Oceans 11 (the film) he replied "No i havent actually, i wanted to see it, but i never got around to it" he then started talking about a cinema he had visited in glasgow, he continued "its the largest cinema in the world, it had a big coloured plaque saying this is the largest cinema in the world" The others (max, Ant and Saskia) were giving sideward glances to each other as if to say "whats he on?" but he just looked and simply explained "well cinimas usually go outward not upward".

I love this guy, but i find the treatment he is already recieving so unfair, not only from the house (which at the moment is not too bad), But the Newspapers. One paper today says ""goofy Eugene keeps making bad jokes and his press ups are a poor effort compared to ant. How long will he survive?".

i think they should lay off him, hes a lovely guy, I definatly think he is an Aspie, but either way he deserves to be there without stigma. Derek is eccentric also but i dont see the papers pulling him to pieces.

COME ON EUGINE UR GREAT !!

Shaz

You,ve all beaten me too it...I sat and watched (yes I,m an addict! )..last friday when he went into the house.Me and hubby both said the same he seems just like our son.Did any one see him doing his voice impersonations?.......I really hope he survives that environment he seems very vunerable to some of the hideous people in there. Saskia and Maxwell out can,t stand them....shouting at Makosi for drinking the cider...they,d obviously forgotten about the bottle of red wine they nicked and the cider they pinched from the shopping list budget!..OOOHHH! ..I,m angry now.

Yes i too thought Eugene is an Aspie. I really felt it for him when he was in the diary room in tears explaining how he is naturally geeky and hopes he doesn't run out of things to say!

I am worried though that the others will be mean to him as he is a very sweet guy. I just get the feeling as every year passes with BB its more about the freak show factor and i hope to god they haven't put him in there to exploit his sweet, and different nature.

I wondre sometimes when i got so cynical?!! :wacko: But i think you guys will relate..... ;)

Take care,

Love Kirstie.

I like Derek and Science :wacko:

Edited post: As time has gone on my opinion of Derek has changed, I don't like him any more... Science has now left the house... I'll miss him! :(

Edited by Helen

caught a few minutes of BB tonight in between watching live8 concert. Eugene was talking about washing cycles/machines, give my youngest 10 years and he would probably be enthralled by this discussion, but the housemates were visibly bored and not hiding the fact. I don't think Eugene should be in there, dx or not. It's turning into very uncomfortable viewing, he's no John Tuttle (? was that his surname, the toaster guy ?)

I caught a few minutes of BB last night too just before the Live 8 Finale and it looked like group s** in the pool to me :o Someone needed to add a bucket of ice to cool em all down.

Maybe they are re-bonding now that Saskia has left :lol:

Have to say that Eugene was not taking part in the pool party.

Carole

Hi,

I definately think Eugene has AS.

I find it really painful watching him actually. He tries really hard to crack jokes, which aren't at all funny. When no-one laughs, he repeats the joke and says, "get it?", then he laughs.

He sounds just like a grown up version of my Kai.

Most of other house mates look at him as if he's crazy when he talks, or they totally ignore him. Luckily Eugene seems oblivious to this. Derek is the only one who listens to him, but then Derek is the only other house mate with more than one brain cell!

Eugene must have thought he could cope with being in the house, or he wouldn't have auditioned.

Was a bit worrying when he was discussing all the household items he and his friends had microwaved! :wacko:

He also said they put a video camera in a clear plastic box then put it through the dishwasher cycle before playing back the tape! Ok.

Loulou x

It's nearly 3 am now. Has anyone checked out the very large spider that's walking about the place? It's MASSIVE :wacko:

The clock on this post seems to be an hour behind the actual time. Oh well.... :blink:

Edited by ~Jonathan~

wow i was thinking that today, but they need to get him out of ther now, for his own sanity. ppl like maxwell will make mincemeat out f him.

i too want to hug him, specially when he tells a joke and none laughs, his face falls, poor bloke.

how the heck he was ever allowed to go in in the first place baffles me.

min d you, the porducers probably thought hed make good fodder for the other ignoramaces in the house (sp).

aww bless Derek, he at least lets him ramble on without making a fool of him.

wacco, i was thinking that about John whatsit too, he could at least hold his own, and could understand jokes and when to deliver one and when not to.

I think he was eccentric but not as.

poor eugene should never have been let in there.

Very strange question here but what is it with the birdsong that comes on every now and then? The housemates all go mute and this English countryside soundscape comes on the tv. What is that about?

Hi Jonathan.

They mute the sound when the housemates are swearing before the watershed, or if they are talking about a friend or family member or if they are talking about something that could be seen as offensive to a company or celebrity. Basically if channel 4 can be sued for broadcasting something they cut it out, therefore when it's "live" it is actually up to an hour behind, mostly 15- 20 mins except on eviction nights when it is totally live on channel 4, if you switch over to E4 after an eviction you can watch it all again from inside the house.

Hope that helps, if you need to ask anything else I will try to help, I have just realised I am quite an expert on the subject. Note to self, "Get a life" :lol:

Viper.

i must admit i find it uncomfortable to watch. i do feel sorry for him and hope the reaction he gets when he does finally come out of the house is a good one.

Hello fellow BB addicts.

I have to admit that this year both myself and my hubby have thrown ourself into big brother with the verosity of a shark round a surfers leg !!.

We have the live feed on all the time (except for 6:10pm 7pm when kieran demands on challenge TV so he can watch Takashis castle) But regardless most of the time its on so when one of us can't watch it, the other can keep the news flowing. It is that and the eugene thing that has prompted me to post a few heart felt thoughts so far.

1) Eugene is great, I admire him, he obviously has a lot of difficulty with a variety of things, but hands up to him he's handling it, the crying (which has been taken out of context by the papers) has only happened if he has failed to achieve what he had his heart set on. Why does this make him a 'cry baby' and 'wimp', when in fact he is showing one of the most natural reactions mankind has to dissapointment. Its not like he turns on the water works every 2 minutes like some of the others in the house.

I love eugene i think if the others loose their ignorance they will see the only true character in that place. (he also shares kierans intrest in wahing machines/fans)

2) Derek. Youve got to love him, he has taken eugene under his wing, and they are totally comfortable with each other. Derek doesn't laugh at him he finds him intresting, probably because they both have a braincells capable of thoughts other than sex.

3) Maxwell. I mention Max, because i know he comes across as arrogant at times, but just in case you missed anything last night, Max actually took eugene in the diary room and stuck up for him when eugene failed the mini task. Max stated that eugene was gutted, and the poor bloke did his best, and he doesnt even drink.

The rest of the boys havent really taken to eugene, barring science who seems to becaome a calmer person after speaking to him, it seems to me that science and eugene have one thing in common, and that is they are both misunderstood !

I wont even taint my keyboard by mentioning the 'girls' (including kamal) As i cant say anything nice about them, and that would probably result in my post been binned !! (i really dont like these people)

Nfuf said, back to the live feed !!.

:clap: EUGINE :clap: EUGINE :clap: EUGINE :clap: EUGINE :clap: EUGINE :clap: EUGINE :clap: EUGINE :clap: EUGINE :clap:

Take care

Shaz

x

They mute the sound when the housemates are swearing before the watershed, or if they are talking about a friend or family member or if they are talking about something that could be seen as offensive to a company or celebrity.

Thanks for that Viper :thumbs:

Two down two to goooooooo. Let's hope that cry baby Craig is next :pray:

He is such a grade 'A' WIMP.

Carole

Edited by carole

Well it looks like there's a total agreement on Eugene being AS! I wonder if Eugene himself knows, I can understand him not saying anything about it though, it is bound to colour peoples views of him, especially the housemates, some of which could probably get a bit funny about it, as ignorant as they seem to be. I've also noticed him call himself 'geeky' which is often a word Aspies associate with themselves, I have heard a number of people with Aspergers refer to themselves as 'geeks'.

Good luck to the guy, he's probably the most 'normal' person in there!!! :lol:

I immidiatly felt for Eugene, everyone in the house thinks he's weird but i relate to him sometimes. Poor guy Craig was so mean about him in the diary room, i think Craig is the weird one as he cries all the time over Anthony and Maxwell!

:unsure: Uh-oh ... Eugene's up for eviction now ... but thankfully he's been lumped in with 5 other housemates (thanks to the very complicated twists involved this week).

And even if the public did vote for him enough to make him vulnerable (which I think is unlikely), he'd still have to be picked by the other housemates to be evicted, against the other most-voted-for housemate of the 6 that are up. And I think the housemates are bound to like Eugene more than whoever he would end up going up against.

So I think he'll be okay this week. :pray:

(By the way, he's up for eviction because he failed to nominate during the 3-hour period allocated for nominations this week, between 6am and 9am on Monday morning. Big Brother had deliberately lied to them that nominations were optional, so Eugene was one of 6 that didn't bother nominating. Nominations were actually still compulsory though, so his failure to nominate has put him up for eviction, along with Derek, Makosi, Orlaith, Science and Vanessa, all for the same reason.)

James

Edited by Gordie