Sign in to follow this  
smiley1590

HEAVY Periods - annoying!

i have REALLY HEAVY periods and are driving me mad crazy .... make me feel so rough ill tired drained all time feel dizzy through blood loss and also feel sick too have headache bloating the works speaking to work colleague she suggested either going on the pill trying slowing down my flow of bleeding down and feminax for period add ons but don't want the pill if makes me gain weight that's deffo no no if it does! i know different types but got to do something and changing is making me cranking! periods sucks ... grrr... had them early since i was 11 years old and been agony from day one and pain in every sense of the word!so when get back from my hols middle of july i bokking appointment to discuss options available to me weighting up side effects as had meds before caused weight gain never ever again going back there square one won't be pleased happy!

don't know if i could be anaemic should i ask for blood test as periods make me feel so lously just want curl up under duvet and not leave house feel so miserable depressed with them bad crying ....

what's the advice girls on here? has anyone had pill they'd suggest or not? has anyone tried fenimax my work colleague said they both work help period but what about you girls on here?!

XKLX

Hi Smiley,

You need to speak to your GP about the right options for you.

There are quite a few different medications that can help, but you need to discuss them with your GP.

(With regard to other members recommending specific medication, it might be helpful to have a look at this link: http://www.asd-forum.org.uk/forum/Index.php?/topic/8212-important-please-read/)

Good luck, I know how dreadful period problems make you feel >:D<<'>

Bid :)

Edited by bid

I agree with Bid - see your GP. I have real problems with my periods due to endometriosis but there are a lot of medications out there that can help with managing the pain and the blood flow without resorting to going onto the pill.

Lynne

Hi

There's all sorts of things that can be done. I'm in the same boat and after visiting my GP several times, eventually discovered I was anaemic and has a vitamin B12 deficiency. Both can have symptoms which can be quite debilitating – dizziness, nausea, palpitations, headaches, tiredness. I could go into a long list, but you really should visit your GP. Some women suffer heavy periods, but for some there may be hidden reasons for it, hence the reason you need an expert opinion. It may be you could try medication which would stop your periods, or that exploratory surgery would be beneficial. Don't suffer – go and visit your GP.

Caroline.

Hi Smiley,

My daughter is nearly 18 and has been on the pill since about 12yrs because of heavy irregular periods which caused her extreme distress because of the pain, irregularity and that she's petrified of blood.

She's tried a couple and is currently on Loestrin 30 - originally they tried a low dose but it didn't regulate them fully and she had breakthrough bleeding which caused more distress. The GP's were really understanding and had many options available including injection etc. I'm sure if you make an appt. to discuss they'll come up with a good option for you.

Take care,

Jb x