Dad of Alix

member titles

I know there'll be a reason behind it but.... Norfolk Broads???? eh?

I asked this too!

You're exactly right, the hills and mountains are called your post status and you get a higher mountain as your post count increases. This is how many posts relate to which status:

0-9 is Norfolk Broads

10-49 is Salisbury Hill

50-99 is Scafell Pike

100-249 is Snowdon

250-499 is Ben Nevis

500-999 is Mt Blanc

1000-2499 is Kilimanjaro

2500-4999 is Mt McKinley

5000-9999 is K2

10000+ is Everest

The Norfolk Broads are flat, which I assume is why they are the first stage.... and so on....

Edited by darkshine

Ah cool, so I'll soon be out of Norfolk and whistling Genesis tracks for the rest of the day..... :whistle:

:lol:

Think Peter Gabriel released it under his own name after leaving Genesis... not 100% sure... but I had the song stuck in my head for a day or so after leaving old Norfolk - catchy tune

:D

I hope I don't find tunes for the others!!!!!

Edited by darkshine

There is a song with Kilimanjaro in it. You really don't want that one stuck in your head though :devil:

Norfolk Broads is mentioned in Bowie's Life in Mars.

now i understand!!!!For more than a moment I was considering the positive effects on my nervous system of moving to the norfolk broads,that shows how desperate some of us could be.Ahhh so gone are my pictures of quiet sailing,a bit of relaxing fishing and the absence of police sirens and low flying aeroplanes mixed with the bi annual sickness benefit assesment by the benefits agency in Norwich...Manchester is just a brutal audio soundscape.

many thanks for helping me out with the apparently(with hindsight)OBVIOUS!!!

many thanks for helping me out with the apparently(with hindsight)OBVIOUS!!!

I thought that too - afterwards :lol:

What made me laugh was the thought of people who live in norfolk wondering how on earth the forum knows where they live :D

Think Peter Gabriel released it under his own name after leaving Genesis... not 100% sure... but I had the song stuck in my head for a day or so after leaving old Norfolk - catchy tune

That was Solsbury Hill, not Salisbury.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVmxtJSd3SQ

That was Solsbury Hill, not Salisbury.

Thanks for the song - always liked that one and its a great way to start my internet usage for the day :dance:

I did know the spelling was different though - we was sorta joking at the time and trying to come up with songs with the member titles in them and we sorta let the spelling slide since Peter Gabriel is weird anyway and the song is a catchy tune :D

Dunno about songs for some of the others though :wacko: I think we kinda gave up :lol:

Can you have Olympus Mons before getting the chance to change it to whatever as in the case of A_S Warrior's King of Kings title?

Edited by Mike_GX101

Can you have Olympus Mons before getting the chance to change it to whatever as in the case of A_S Warrior's King of Kings title?

you can change it to what ever you want, click on your profile,

click edit profile,

theres a blank white box next to a box that says member title,

type in what you want it so say,

then save and your good to go!

I don't have that option in my settings.

I think you get additional perks/Easter Eggs (to keep you interested) with advancements in member title as you do have over 800 posts (i.e. Mt Blanc status).