bid

New Hand!

Meg had her cast changed today, so we had the first glimpse of her new hand! It's still a bit swollen and bruised, with an 8'' scar running down the inside of her arm and across her palm, and a 4'' scar on the outside of her forearm (not quite what her OT said, but never mind). Still, they are really, really neat, and almost healed so all good.

Poor lass, it was pretty painful, and she did have a faint moment. But only another two weeks in the new cast, then rehab!

Bid :)

Edited by bid

They told her she should go to rehab, she said yes, yes, yes! :thumbs:

Soooo glad it's all looking good (still scary etc, I know, but in context good) and really hope that little bit of movement soon sees her riffin' like Kim all over the fretboard of that big ol' bass guitar she's on a promise for. :pray:

Lots of these for a very courageous and lovely young laydeee >:D<<'>

L&P

BD :D

So glad it's healing well. Must have been a bit of a surprise to see such long scars, but if it means a hand that works then it is probably worthwhile in the end.

Sorry I missed this. Sounds really hopeful >:D<<'> :thumbs:

Just make sure you check under her bed for tattoo artist magazines... :ph34r:

Just to update...

Meg is now 5 weeks post-surgery, and after a hand that without a splint just hung useless on the end of her arm, she is already using a knife and fork and doing fiddley craftwork!!

In fact, they are so pleased with her progress, she doesn't have to go into hospital for rehab!! :D She still has OT every other week, plus intensive exercises to do every day mind...

So, despite the wacking great scars, all the fear and worry has been really, really worth it. And I can't speak highly enough of the whole team at RNOH :notworthy:

Bid :D

So now she can start catching up on all that washing up she's been getting out of! :devil::devil::lol:

Seriously, that is wonderful news, and as well as sewing all her on sequins on her prom dress in a year or so's time I hope she'll be banging out some rock solid basslines in the skool band too ;)

L&P

BD :D

Just to update...

Meg is now 5 weeks post-surgery, and after a hand that without a splint just hung useless on the end of her arm, she is already using a knife and fork and doing fiddley craftwork!!

In fact, they are so pleased with her progress, she doesn't have to go into hospital for rehab!! :D She still has OT every other week, plus intensive exercises to do every day mind...

So, despite the wacking great scars, all the fear and worry has been really, really worth it. And I can't speak highly enough of the whole team at RNOH :notworthy:

Bid :D

That's wonderful news :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well that's just brilliant news. :thumbs:>:D<<'> :dance:

Well done Meg! :clap:

I've never been able to do fiddly craftwork - do you think the doctors can give me one of those new hands too? :D

K x

I'm in rehab for a dislocated shoulder (fell off my bike last week). As of Thursday, eight days after the accident, I've been given permission to stop wearing the sling - just as well, because it was making the armpit under said shoulder stink to high heaven.

I'm supposed to be starting physio next week. The uncertainty being that I have made an appointment at Addenbrooke's but work has decreed that same day to be devoted to Matlab training - let's hope the local NHS trust is OK about rescheduling.

It was just as well I wasn't made to sing Auld Lang Syne at the beginning of this year, or else I'd have put my shoulder out of joint again!