heartsstillbeating

Hey people! I'm new

Hi Ollie, I'm Amber from Hereford and I'm 18.

I have Aspergers syndrome too, I was only recently diagnosed. How long have you known that you have AS?

I've just started uni, so its a bit odd for me.

Hi Ollie, I'm Amber from Hereford and I'm 18.

I have Aspergers syndrome too, I was only recently diagnosed. How long have you known that you have AS?

I've just started uni, so its a bit odd for me.

I've known since I was about 7. I was originally going for hospital appointments for speech therapy (I had an awful stutter), they noticed something off which was originally thought to be dyspraxia, but after chats with the nurses they diagnosed me with AS.

Uni's a strange experience for Aspie's, thrown into a completely new social situation with new people outside of your comfort zone, I never fit in at all and quit after 2 years. Not saying your experience will be the same as that Amber!

welcome i am charlotte i am 31 from east sussex but living in essex at present for uni. i was diagnosed with AS aged 25 after a long history of difficulties as a child particularly at school. I am training to be a speech therapist

I've known since I was about 7. I was originally going for hospital appointments for speech therapy (I had an awful stutter), they noticed something off which was originally thought to be dyspraxia, but after chats with the nurses they diagnosed me with AS.

Uni's a strange experience for Aspie's, thrown into a completely new social situation with new people outside of your comfort zone, I never fit in at all and quit after 2 years. Not saying your experience will be the same as that Amber!

A similar thing happenned with me actually. My teachers thought I had dyspraxia when I was 14, but it wasn't flagged up as anything else until I was in my last year of sixth form.

Uni has been extremely difficult! Especially because I changed uni halfway through the term and now don't know anyone, which makes it worse. I'm useless socially anyway, so that didn't help really.

So what are you up to now that you've quit uni? I've been slightly tempted all year to drop out, but I'm going to try another year and hope for the best (fingers crossed!) Hopefully being there the full year will make a difference but I don't know.