mygifts1306

Which book(S) takes your mind off your troubles

hi folks, i wondered what books have kept your mind off your troubles, i am terribly busy now that idont get a chance to read, any suggestions will be welcomed xx

I would read The Nausea by John Paul Sartre although this may not appeal to you. Or anyone else for that matter!

hi folks, i wondered what books have kept your mind off your troubles, i am terribly busy now that idont get a chance to read, any suggestions will be welcomed xx

It would probably have to be something you can get into and is easy to read but isn't too deep or intellectual! I find any good detective novel works for me. However, recently I read Cecilia Ahern's 'The Gift' - it's classed as chick-lit but I thought it was a very thought-provoking book and some years ago I read 'Life of Pi' by Yann Martel which really stuck in my head for ages!

I read a lot of fantasy books because it is removed enough from my own reality that I find it quite comforting while still having elements that are recognisable.

I read a lot of fantasy books because it is removed enough from my own reality that I find it quite comforting while still having elements that are recognisable.

anything that's not fiction!!!!!!

If you don't have a lot of time a magazine might be more enjoyable because you can read an article even if you only have a short break. You can get magazines about all kinds of bizarre stuff now. I'm sure you could find one about something you're interested in.

I always dig out some of my teenage book collection(short books so can read a few hehe)- the tripods trilogy, my nicolas fisk collection(trillions, grinny, starstormers), and z for zachariah!

Speaking of juvenile literature, The Magic Pudding by Norman Lindsay never fails to raise a smile.