mygifts1306

Something positive

hi folks, i have something positive to speak about, my son who is 8 and has AS and ADHD was so well behaved today, i took him down to the local library to join the reading scheme called circus stars, he was patient and very calm, he was also going to be choosing a toy today as he has just finished p4 and had a good report,i wonder if he behaved so well because he was going to get a toy? even still he was unbelievable so well behaved, i then took him to pharmacy as i have a rash on my skin and had to wait for pharmacist, he sat there and read his dirty bertie book,normally its a constant, please sit down mummy will be done in a minute, please dont interrupt mummy is speaking, it was like he was a different person, he was so patient, he was not swinging on the doors or being peculiar, i then took him to the shop and he got aliens and Bey blade. I just thought i would share this positive thing that happened, long may it last as this is going to be a long summer 8 wks :clap:

Its nice to see something positive - although I'm certain the good report and the toy had something to do with it :lol: Who wouldn't behave? A good report AND a reward? Present days are always good days don't ya think ;)

The power of books... or Bey blades..

Whatever the cause, now you know he's capable of that behaviour and hopefully he can build on that. :)

K x

I would just like to highlight another big positive...

The 'reward' he got today wasn't for being good today... he'd earned it already for finishing p4 and getting a good report - he was showing a continuity of good intentions and behaviour and that went beyond the library too :thumbs::thumbs:

I did a bit of a double take about his behaviour at the chemists because I missed the 'Bertie' first time round... Couldn't help but feel that as a behaviour management strategy giving him 'dirty books' was a bit of a swings and roundabouts scenario! :lol:

L&P

BD :D

something positve too. we went to the Inverness marina boat festival on Saturday and he wanted a shot on the climbing pinicle so i paid for his go for 15 mins and he waited patiently for his time a long while it seemed and throughtly enjoyed climbing,trying 3 different sides and thoroughly enjoying himself,then we walked around and he saw those blown up balls with people inside them,so we went down to look, i found out i needed to go to a caravan to pay and get a time for a go,leaving him watching i got back my oh was with him and he already has his shoes and socks off, he had a go and did very well managed to stand and walk abit too,but its the being able to wait his turn with patience and not causing trouble waiting thats such imporvement in social behaviour and then today he he has gone to the Academy for his induction with his peers for starting in August and he sat and waited and greeted people as they came and tried to join in with their chatter :thumbs: its great to see the difference in them,the last 2 years have been the best,although he can still get :angry: and :george: we use bribery and corruption too it does work aand gives him something to aim for.

I've seen them blown up ball things they look fun - there is a place that does it near me - and I went one day with a family-friend and their children (age 6 and 2) and I have to say that most of the kids there were playing up and being little nightmares while they waited!!! So good on your lad for waiting nicely! Cuz the kids I saw that day - well, I'm not a parent, but the way some of them were behaving, they would have been told by me to wait nicely or they wouldn't get a go!

Its nice to see this page of positives - some of us need to see it!!!

I hope more people post here :thumbs:

Thank you BD for your post, I realise that i am often too critical and analytical when it comes to my son, P4 had more challenges than other years, he has maintained his interest in reading and was speller of the month a few months ago. Lets make this thread mega positive, thanks >:D<<'> My little boy absolutely adores the Dirty Bertie books, he can read one in a few hours. x

Edited by mygifts1306