Sign in to follow this  
philipo

anti social personality disorder

It seems the isolation that asd'as'autisim can cause,'real or imagined' has an effect that causes a 'anti social personality' reaction.is it a dysfunctional thing or is it just self protection from an 'apparently' crazy world.??People may have violent thoughts but is it permissable to discuss 'violent thoughts' ,or should any post that discusses violence be banned,or moderated as they say.?/

Violent thoughts are not part of the diagnostic criteria of ASD. ASD may, at times, lead to a sense of isolation, but I think it's a big leap, and definitely not inevitable, between that and a mental health disorder which should be assessed professionally, not applied as a label without medical input.

It seems the isolation that asd'as'autisim can cause,'real or imagined' has an effect that causes a 'anti social personality' reaction.is it a dysfunctional thing or is it just self protection from an 'apparently' crazy world.??People may have violent thoughts but is it permissable to discuss 'violent thoughts' ,or should any post that discusses violence be banned,or moderated as they say.?/

Philipo, might I ask how you thought of this question? I suspect there might be a bit of an agenda here behind the scenes (haven't I been here before sometime?!)

No, it is not permissable to discuss 'violence' and 'violent thought processes' on a family forum like this, which is why the MODS (not me, I hasten to add - nowt to do with me in any way but i would back the mods 100% on this issue) took a decision to close another thread trying to do so. The place to discuss those kinds of issues is one to one with a psychiatrist or other professional(s), not among a mixed bag of largely unqualified parents and carers and autistic people whose 'advice' could do more harm than good. I think also you confuse 'non- social' with 'anti-social' two very different things. That's not to say that people can't be 'anti-social' AND autistic, but the two things are not really connected...

Anyhoo, as I said, this forum isn't really the place to discuss this, IMO, and hopefully the mods will lock this thread to ensure their actions last time round aren't being undermined.

If I'm right about the 'behind the scenes agenda', and you are involved in that wittingly I would ask you to stop. If you've been manipulated unwittingly, now would be a good time to wake up and smell the coffee. If it is just a huge coincidence, please accept my apologies.

L&P

BD

Edited by baddad

[

If I'm right about the 'behind the scenes agenda', and you are involved in that wittingly I would ask you to stop. If you've been manipulated unwittingly, now would be a good time to wake up and smell the coffee. If it is just a huge coincidence, please accept my apologies.

L&P

BD

Apoligies accepted ,there's no agendas except to discuss the subject of isolationism and anti social ,and as you added non socila personality effects/changes.

On the question of violence.There's the common reaction that violence is wrong.or an unwanted and unjustifiable part of human behaviour,by referring the matter to the shrink/specilaists then we just get even more removed from understanding these feelings in our day to day life.I'm very comfortable with a mixed bunch of unqualified people with direct experience of the subject,especially as the nhs are mostly ineffective(God i nearly said useless!) on the wider subject.I think the dicussion of violence may be aired if we call it 'power' issues,and hopefully,contributors can discuss it in a 'softer' language.

By posting the Origional POint ,I was trying to ascertain peoples veiws on how much ,non,anti social behaviour was a result of communications problems,long term isolation,non integration or as a biological tendency .thanks for reply.philipo x .ps can't do coffee,it does my guts in .

L&P

BD

Apoligies accepted ,there's no agendas except to discuss the subject of isolationism and anti social ,and as you added non socila personality effects/changes.

We're you aware that the question had already been asked and a thread closed? If so, and you asked it again cloaked under the guise of something else then that's an 'agenda'... If you did so after discussing the subject with someone else, via e-mails or PM's or something, then that's a shared agenda.

But in reply to your question, the mods said yesterday regarding 'anti-social personality disorder' (hows that for a huge coincidence!):

http://www.asd-forum.org.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/26864-can-i-post-something-most-people-find-disturbing/

And my guess is they'll say the same today.

L&P

BD

Thanks Baddad,

So basically your saying that I conspired with others to promote an agenda,which in my book ..a secret agenda is a conspiracy.....Theres much that goes over my head,having a secondary education would have helped.Despite being a pc egineer.mechanicetc blah blah I only learnt to write in my thirties AND LEARNT BASIC INTERNET A YEAR AND A HALF AGO.last week I found an answer to the rating sytem so puzzled me.this week I managed to start understanding how the pm thing works,what is clear is the lack of understanding of moderators when it comes to the interpretation of languauge and the sheer hard work of mongs like me who try harder than most graduates just to be able to articulate into text whats running through our 'disabled' minds.Patronising control or supervised 'freedom' of speech.Its amazing I got this far as by definition the net is not very conductive top people with irlens/dyslexia,so pull it.ps. have you any commercial plans for the website in the lonher term ,like private consultations etc???

I think we saw more than enough of anger and anti-social behaviour last night!

Bid :)

so you dont mind stopping it quite rightly,censoring it yeah thats a thankless task,and then pointimng the finger at anyone else involved in the discussion as agent provoceteurs and conspiritors,no that last one is taking your proximal power too far!!!!Browbeaten with your 'opinion'.philipox

Violent antisocial behaviour is not an appropriate topic for discussion on this forum, that should be dealt with via professional help as nobody here is qualified to give advice on such a difficult issue.

As one thread on this topic has already been closed, this one is being closed too.

Simon

Edited by mossgrove