Sign in to follow this  
MariaQ

Do you have a child with Autism Spectrum Disorder?

Hi, my name is Maria Qureshi and I'm a master's student at University College London. I am carrying out research on how useful parents find their child's Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) diagnosis and am looking for parents of children aged 5 to 17 years with an official diagnosis of ASD to take part in my study. This involves completing a short online questionnaire which takes 15-30 minutes in total.

I would be truly grateful if you could help me with my research and complete my short questionnaire: by clicking here. I know that you are very busy and I appreciate you taking the time to read my message, which is why all parents who participate can enter our prize draw to win 1 of 6 £50 amazon vouchers.

Autism is a subject that is very close to my heart as I have a younger brother with ASD and so my interest comes from personal experience. I am hoping that my research can provide insight into the experiences of parents and hopefully help us better understand how the diagnosis is being used and what its benefits are.

If you would like further information about my study, please send me an email at autismutility@gmail.com.

Thank you for your time.

Not sure if your survey works or if you just didn't need more information from me, but I only answered 3 pages and then it closed. This took about 1 minute.

Yes it works, I did it and got to the end. Hope the research proves useful, I'd like to see the results when it's complete. For anyone out there who doesn't already know, if you are interested in helping with research into ASD you can also register with the Autism Research Centre (ARC) and complete various questionnaires and tests to help further understanding of ASD. You may even, like my son, get invited to Cambridge to take part in research projects. He absolutely loved it. Website link is http://www.autismresearchcentre.com/arc/default.asp

Helen

Flappyfish, thank you for your interest in my study, if your child is aged between 5 and 17 years and has an official diagnosis of Autism Specturm Disorder then you will be able to complete the questionnaire, otherwise it closes. If you do meet the criteria then I would suggest trying the link again.

Thank you Tom's Mom for completing my questionnaire, I really appreciate your contribution to my research. All parents who provided an email address will be sent a summary report of the findings by September this year, and I will also post the results on the forum for anyone else who is interested.

Have done it now!" I was thrown by the bit that said if you have 2 children with a diagnosis, complete it for the eldest, but my eldest is over 17 so I have done it for the youngest.