baddad

Hmmmm... nothing like a Sunday roast...

especially when your kid cooks it for you! :thumbs: :thumbs:

With a bit of guidance on timings etc, Ben has cooked our dinner from scratch today.

We had roast chicken with roast potatoes, roast celeriac and stuffing, Curly kale (with a bit of leek for extra flavour) baby carrots, brocolli, cauliflower and fine beans. It was scrumb-diddly-umptious. :eat: For pud we just had some carrot cake from the freezer that I made weeks ago, but if pud came to shove he could have quite happily knocked up a '4x4 sponge' in the microwave or one of his famous 1 cup chocolate cup cakes.

AND he had a brilliant report last week

AND he played a brilliant round of golf this morning

AND he's the best son in the world EVER :wub: :wub:

Sorry, I'm gushing... But it was a very nice dinner and it's been a long time since anyone cooked for me! :notworthy:

:D

Well done Ben :clap::notworthy:

We'll be round to yours next Sunday then ;):whistle:

.. and BD, you gush away - you have every right to be proud :thumbs:

I've just seen the other post of yours and wonder was there any singing after the meal? :unsure:

Danaxxx

Oh, it doesn't take much to get me singing!

I think the main one today was that old Harry Nilsson classic 'Lime in the coconut' but I can't for the life of me remember why, but when I finally made him larf he called me a prat! He hates it when I make him larf against his will ;):lol:

Well done Ben! :thumbs: Don't forget the hummus starter next time. :D

My son hasn't cooked us a roast yet - I can see I'll have to start teaching him. He did bring home a 3 course Italian meal yesterday though. He had made doughballs with garlic butter, veggie lasagne and tiramisu at school, all very tasty and very welcome as I had been out all day. It's such a luxury to have food cooked for you, isn't it! :)

K x

Well done Ben! :thumbs: Don't forget the hummus starter next time. :D

My son hasn't cooked us a roast yet - I can see I'll have to start teaching him. He did bring home a 3 course Italian meal yesterday though. He had made doughballs with garlic butter, veggie lasagne and tiramisu at school, all very tasty and very welcome as I had been out all day. It's such a luxury to have food cooked for you, isn't it! :)

K x

Go balls with Dalek butter? He's still into Dr Who then?

Tonight we're having venison casserole, spinach and lemon ice-cream.

spinach and lemon ice-cream.

Doesn't do it for me - sets off the sensitive teeth, and you find bits of spinach stuck between your teeth for days. Plus it sounds a little too like something Huge Fairy Wittington (I think that's his name...) would try and flog. :whistle:

I guess I should have used an Oxford comma.

Well I've had chilli ice- cream. Your taste buds can't quite believe it at first but the combination of cold and heat is actually very nice. :)

K x

Green peppercorn ice-cream is nice too! :party:

Um,I may be boring but cookie dough is good.x

i think you'll find you're entirely wrong.

cookie dough with chocolate fudge sauce is the best.

Cookie dough with hot chocolate fudge sauce, a caramel core, fudge cubes and several chocolate flakes - now that's nearing on perfection. :eat1:

Tonight we had lamb casserole, potatoes, broccoli and cauliflower, followed by raspberries and homemade shortbread.

AND he played a brilliant round of golf this morning

AND he's the best son in the world EVER :wub: :wub:

Sorry, I'm gushing... But it was a very nice dinner and it's been a long time since anyone cooked for me! :notworthy:

N'awwwwwwwwwww :thumbs: