matzoball

What's everyone listening to?

Alan Rawsthorne (1905-71), Theme and Variations for Two Violins

Isn't he an organist? Sure I've got a CD of his somewhere...

David Bowie - This is not America

Isn't he an organist?

Not according to the sleevenotes.

Alan Rawsthorne was born at Haslingden [nr Rossendale] in Lancashire in 1905 and entered the Royal Manchester College of Music in 1925 to study piano, cello and composition. After graduation in 1929 he continued his piano studies with Egon Petri in Poland and Germany. Subsequently he decided to make composition his life career.
Edited by Aeolienne

Incidental music from the motion picture Gladiator

Feeling a bit low to be honest, in a reflecting kinda mood, wishing everything was better and stuff... Wishing I had answers to things instead of so many questions. I'm probably not helping myself by sitting here listening to that stuff - although I only put one song up - the others that I'm listening to aren't much better. Plus I'm kinda repeating my playlist through about 10 songs...

It feels like I'm on a low - and I wish I could work my way out of them better and I wish I had the confidence to find my place in the world instead of hiding all the time.

Still... I'm in a better place than last night... the Bowie song is pretty depressing for me...

Guilty pleasures would be simpler :lol: maybe I'll find a real guilty pleasure to put up one day ;)

It mildly cheered me up (thank you) ;)

I'm still on this kinda level though...

I think the lyrics are great on this version but I also like the Linkin Park feat. Jay Z version too... this version is more accurate for my mood though, a case of lyrical perfection :)

That mildly cheered me up too - its a shame people can't keep finding stuff for me to listen to and maybe I'd get there :lol:

Thank you both for the songs :)

Vanilla Ice, Ice Ice Baby

Edited by Aeolienne

Allegri/Pärt/Tormis, Light ... Arvo Pärt and Veljo Tormis interspersed with Gregorio Allegri's 'Miserere'. One of three CDs I bought in Tallinn in 2003, the other two having been mentioned on pages 2 and 4 of this thread.