Edited by Aeolienne

Telemann recorder sonatas and fantasias performed by Frans Brüggen

Chopin's Waltz in A flat major, Opus 64 No.3, performed by Stephen Hough

Wham!, Freedom

Edited by Aeolienne

Irene Cara, Fame

Edited by Aeolienne

Blur, Under the Westway, The Puritan.

good to see they are still on top form, one of the best bands ever.

Edited by LancsLad

Amsterdam Loeki Stardust Quartet, Concerti di flauti: Baroque recorder concertos

You'd better not read my comments on that one... I mentioned it at the start of my Theme Music thread (about 3 or 4 paragraphs down on the original post) :oops::ph34r::lol:

and second;

I just think Marvin's voice has the edge on things.

Now now - that's cheating too - you can't rag AS Warrior and then put option 2 and 3 here :shame:

Did you listen to the Muse stuff - and if you did - what did you think?

Darkshine I have listened to the Muse tracks you have posted. Muse are a band which was aroung at a period of my life when things seemed to pass me by. I have to be honest though it pains me to say so I really like this stuff, some of which I have heard before. I can see a Muse day coming on on Spotify and i will use it as a soundtrack for some design or artwork. There is easily five hours worth of trackes to listen to.

If I am honest I have had to bridge a lot of gaps between what I was into 20 year ago and what I might be interested in today. For me Muse feels like a continuation of the genre best typified by the Stranglers from my foundation tastes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnWVCWNnkQE

I know there are gaps to be filled along the way, but they elicit similar emotions in me. There is a level of artistry in their work, its just a case of higher production values I think. But who care all opinions on music are subjective and thats the beauty of it after all.

I have gaps in music where it all just passed me by too - mainly due to depression - who cares about the latest music when every day is a living hell? Glad you sorta liked 'em - even if it pains you tp say it :lol: I see what you mean with the stranglers thing - someone else once told me that Muse reminds them of earlier Queen stuff - I kinda see that too, certain sounds, rhythms, ways of singing etc...

I'd recommend checking out the spotify day - I don't need to until they release a new album, I've already got most of their stuff on my pc :D

I have 'mind genius' software on my other computer and have been thinking about mapping out my personal musical interests in a big web on it and trying to see where the gaps lie. I know this is a pretty big project I would then have a focus on listening to all the stuff which I missed out on in the more depressive moments of my life.

I get a strong sense that there is loads of really good stuff I have not heard on the frindges and that kind of bugs me. In fact it bugs me a lot.

I have 'mind genius' software on my other computer and have been thinking about mapping out my personal musical interests in a big web on it and trying to see where the gaps lie. I know this is a pretty big project I would then have a focus on listening to all the stuff which I missed out on in the more depressive moments of my life.

I get a strong sense that there is loads of really good stuff I have not heard on the frindges and that kind of bugs me. In fact it bugs me a lot.

Good luck with that :lol::devil:

Okay, joking aside... I have thought about this - but I kinda like the spontaneous discovery of new stuff (even when it's old stuff) like when you hear a song somewhere, or read these threads, or someone says "hey have you heard this".

I do look around a bit at times - but not very much, it's usually exploring certain artists once I've heard of them or someone reminds me.

If you want stuff on the fringes you wanna have a word with my housemate - and I'm semi serious there... His tastes are pretty out there, and he diverts a lot of things my way that I think are pretty good - want me to see if he'll compile a list for me to pass on?

What 10 years did you miss? And I can see if what he has that falls within that time scale :)

Beethoven's 9th ("Choral") Symphony

Edited by Aeolienne

Culture Club, Church of the Poison Mind

Johannes Regis, O admirabile commercium