matzoball

What's everyone listening to?

This is the only version I can find to post.

I have been listening to the released version on spotify which does not have all the background stuff on. Really good remake of the Dylan song made famous by Hendrix, worth a listen if you can get it.

Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750), Concerto for Violin and Oboe in d minor

Edited by Aeolienne

Bill Withers, 'brilliant'!!! This clip is taken from The Old Grey Whistle Test, something left my life when they cancelled that show. Sure we entered a period where music was more or less ###### when it was axed. But there are some very good if not brilliant singer song writers out there today who simply need a stage on which to perform live to a wider more mainstream audience.

Bring back TOGWT please.

We need more performance at this level.

Bill Withers, 'brilliant'!!! This clip is taken from The Old Grey Whistle Test, something left my life when they cancelled that show. Sure we entered a period where music was more or less ###### when it was axed. But there are some very good if not brilliant singer song writers out there today who simply need a stage on which to perform live to a wider more mainstream audience.

Bring back TOGWT please.

We need more performance at this level.

Glad you liked it :lol:

TOGWT was certainly a better stage than today's versions in shows such as the # ###### - sorry that came out as a swear word for some reason :devil: (X factor) :devil:

Ensemble Polaris, Midnight Sun: Traditional Nordic melodies

Jedi mind tricks

Snow goons

Linkin park

- anything mentioning suicide

Pet Shop Boys, Yes

I was into Elbow a bit before they became big with 'the seldom seen kid'. They are from 'up this way' and are no spring chickens so have been around for a while and were know about before making their breakthrough in 2008. If you listen to their back catolouge they are simply doing the same sort of stuff as they always did.

I find Boyce Avenue along quite a lot of bands like this, The Script come to mind as being very easy to listen to. These bands are pretty acomplished is it just me but I feel I am waiting for some real ###### to happen in their lives so they have something interesting to write about at which point they have all the potential to be very good. At the moment it is as if they are treading water until that point or untill they just fade away from the conciousness.

I am waiting for some real ###### to happen in their lives so they have something interesting to write about at which point they have all the potential to be very good.

I see what you mean. Other than Broken Angel and Briane that are about other people, some of their other songs can be a bit plain.

Alexander Agricola, Ay je rien fet

Edited by Aeolienne

If enjoy what you like doing then keep doing it

who cares if you are in your 60's.

Russ Gabriel feat. Corinna Joseph, Patience

Edited by Aeolienne

Aeolienne thanks for Russ Gabriel, I have not come across him before and there are quite a few track on Spotify for me to work through which make great background listening whislt doing other things,

thanks again.

Kajagoogoo, Too Shy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOqFgnIGHfE

Edited by Aeolienne

ADAM J music gets stuck in my head too! When I was younger, it used to upset me so much while trying to sleep, i used to feel like banging my head against the wall to get the music out!!! What's that all about?! The advert `Sheila's Wheels` was the worse one ever for me. That jingle stayed in my head continously for about a month. Everytime i had a break in thinking, it was there in the background. Such a busy mind, i think it grabs onto whatever it can to busy itself! I've been put off listening to my favourites because of that. It takes a little of the pleasure away, as my favourite songs, being the most familiar, are most likely to stick and no song is great anymore once you've heard it repeated in your head over and over for the last 48 hrs or more!

If not for this, I'd be listening to Joanna Newsom.

Or The Carpenters,

or Ziggi Stardust (Bowie)

or Joan Armatrading...

or Melanie Safka... or The Jackson 5! Probably nothing else. Unless it was around tea time then i'd be listening to cbeebies. :(

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.c...ed/A45s839vSqE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

(Couldn't work out how to do this properly, but it shows Joanna if anyone's interested) :)

Edited by Merry

Laura Branigan, Gloria

Edited by Aeolienne

There's a really good song that's been playing on the radio recently that I absolutely love but sadly I don't know what the words are - I'll update you when they reveal what the song's actually called and who sings it.

Kylie Minogue, Hand on your Heart

Edited by Aeolienne