matzoball

What's everyone listening to?

that song makes me want to hurt myself, i just hear it and lose all hope.

Great reaction :lol: I have to admit that at times that song makes me feel that way too - I find it funny and cheerful at other times though :wacko:

You still hung up on what everyone looks like? Tell you what... when I leave the forum forever I'll have a real profile pic for the whole day before ;)

Can it be like one of the one's off crime watch where you have rectangular shapes all over your face, and the ears never seem to be in the right place. Then we can have a 'if you spot this person please ring the following number' which can be A-S Warriors mobile.

Then we can ring through loads of bizare spoof locations, might make a good post unfortunatly you will be gone and so unable to verify any of the spottings.

Just a thought.

Can it be like one of the one's off crime watch where you have rectangular shapes all over your face, and the ears never seem to be in the right place. Then we can have a 'if you spot this person please ring the following number' which can be A-S Warriors mobile.

Then we can ring through loads of bizare spoof locations, might make a good post unfortunatly you will be gone and so unable to verify any of the spottings.

Just a thought.

Brilliant idea :lol: maybe I could make a one day comeback a few months later and confirm any accurate spottings....

If anyone is interested I was on the TV last week watching the Olympics, if you are not sure which one I was I was wearing and ofical white London 2012 T-shirt and a white baseball cap. If you need more help there is always my profile pic, but to be fair I have caught the sun a bit since it was done and couldn't be arsed having a shave on the day.

There is a small prize if anyone can tell me my seat number.

You still hung up on what everyone looks like? Tell you what... when I leave the forum forever I'll have a real profile pic for the whole day before ;)

arnt you even a little curious to know what i look like? ever wondered if you are indeed talking to a celebrity? i could be anyone......

If anyone is interested I was on the TV last week watching the Olympics, if you are not sure which one I was I was wearing and ofical white London 2012 T-shirt and a white baseball cap. If you need more help there is always my profile pic, but to be fair I have caught the sun a bit since it was done and couldn't be arsed having a shave on the day.

There is a small prize if anyone can tell me my seat number.

that would be like trying to find a ball bearing in a pile of scrap metal, i,ll go with your profile pic, your bald with a long nose?

arnt you even a little curious to know what i look like? ever wondered if you are indeed talking to a celebrity? i could be anyone......

Honest answer? No not really... I don't think about it, I guess anyone could be a celebrity - but that doesn't matter to me... I've wondered about what 2 or 3 members look like over the duration of me using this forum, and 2 showed me pics of themselves without me asking, and the other made their own mind up when I did ask...

I'm mostly interested in who people are and what they are like - what they look like is irrelevant in many ways - it's up to them if they wanna have a real pic or not or if they want me to know what they look like :)

Edited by darkshine

i seeeeeeee, the ever mysterious darkshine with the even more mystrious attitude :ph34r: well i wont post a picture, but i look a little bit like scott tracy from thunderbirds.

I'm mostly interested in who people are and what they are like - what they look like is irrelevant in many ways
Hmmm, yeah, I think that's a definite appeal of this; lots of disembodied voices - just voices, just minds. The other stuff just really doesn't matter. It's not that it's of no interest at all - I do wonder about appearance a bit, although not as a preoccupation - but voice and mind predominate, and that's cool.

i seeeeeeee, the ever mysterious darkshine with the even more mystrious attitude :ph34r: well i wont post a picture, but i look a little bit like scott tracy from thunderbirds.

You look like a puppet? :lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist.... Why is my attitude mysterious? :unsure:

I guess I work in my own way on this, looks are a thing that get in the way, there's all this stuff that gets in the way, it's difficult not to make judgements based on someone's appearance sometimes and I don't like being that person....

I once talked to someone on here about something similar, and I mentioned a lady who had been badly burned as a child and had a massive red mark over a lot of her face, I was at summer school at the time and she was there for a talk, people avoided her, they got uncomfortable around her, didn't know whether to look at her or not. She was a pretty interesting lady, I spent some time talking with her and she had such an amazing attitude, that red burn made her look more beautiful to me than all those people who avoided her - they could have all been perfect specimens aesthetically and I wouldn't have given them a second glance, because standing near this lady they looked ugly.

Talking on here is great for that, there's no visual distractions of people moving and making faces and having eyes look at you, I don't mind if people use a photo or not - the people who use pics of their kids or babies make me smile, and the people who express themselves through some kind of image - and they do look better than the boxes with the shaded out head - but I don't mind either way, like I said, I care about who they are and what they are like, not their looks.

Hmmm, yeah, I think that's a definite appeal of this; lots of disembodied voices - just voices, just minds. The other stuff just really doesn't matter. It's not that it's of no interest at all - I do wonder about appearance a bit, although not as a preoccupation - but voice and mind predominate, and that's cool.

Pretty much lol - except I don't wonder about many people because it just doesn't seem necessary :)

muse..muse and more muse...........with lots of foo fighters........training for a half marathon and 3 peaks challenge so need them tunes!!! :bounce::clap::bounce::clap::bounce::clap:

Gordon Beck Trio, Gyroscope

Re the Three Peaks Challenge, read this: http://www.thebmc.co.uk/three-peaks-challenge

Edited by Aeolienne

Playing for change is a great concept, and there are some amazing artists involved in the project.

I won't post anymore but the website is worth a look. It is something I have revisited I suspect as a result of my Olympic state of mind. Just think we are part of a global community which has so much to offer each and every one of us.

Edited by LancsLad

What I mean't is I will not post anymore 'playing for change' stuff as there is a fair amount of it, if you like this sort of thing there is plenty of it to look at. I reserve the right to post anything else I might be into good or bad, lol.

Blue Öyster Cult, Don't Fear the Reaper

Edited by Aeolienne

I used to love that song untill it was used as the intoduction to a computer game called 'Ripper'. I reached the point where I was really close to solving the game but just couldn't get there. I spent hours going back and forth trailing through the clues in the main game getting nowhere.

About 8 months later I was out walking and the song came back into my head and I realised the final clue to solving the game was hidden in the opening, this song.

As such I have had a love, hate, love, hate relationship with it. First time I have listened to it in a few years, thanks Aeolienne.

Edited by LancsLad

China Crisis, Wishful Thinking

Edited by Aeolienne

Erik Satie (1866-1925), Véritables préludes flasques (pour un chien), performed by Aldo Ciccolini

Joao Gilberto, Chega de saudade