MrCaff

The first thing to do!

Hello ASD Forum!

I am completely new here so you may have to "Bear with me", I don't know why It's bear with me in the first place but its funny!

I'm Matt, 25 from West Sussex. Just moved back home because I ran out of options in Kingston. Diagnosed with Aspergers in October '10.

So, umm, hi! Not sure what to talk about here so that will do!

Speak to you all soon.

hi

I am charlotte I am 31 and was diagnosed with AS aged 25. I am at present living in essex where i am finishing my masters but will soon be returning to live with my parents in east sussex until i get a job.

hi

I am charlotte I am 31 and was diagnosed with AS aged 25. I am at present living in essex where i am finishing my masters but will soon be returning to live with my parents in east sussex until i get a job.

Nice to meet you Charlotte, how refreshing! I heard recently on radio 2 that someone returning home to live with your parents after leaving is called a boomerang. So you and i are boomerangs!

Welcome.x

The thing not to do is resign yourself to a life of failure and underachievement. I see far too many people who get diagnosed with Aspergers do that, because they think they have no hope of making anything of their lives.

It is harder to achieve than it is for others, so you have to perservere that extra amount.