smiley1590

decision anti dp's meds or not?!

don't know if it's time to consider anti-depressants medication ... struggling to cope/manage with intrusive paranoid obsessive thoughts feel fed up exhaused dizzy tired weak keep wanting over eat feel fed up frustrated everything piling on top of me overwhelming me feel like what's in the point in anything? feel like have no purpose to my life? hardly ever had stable routine /mood can't work out which direction i should be heading!?

i feel such a confusing wreck inside don't know how or what i feel just feel empty ,miserable... numb ... list could go on get so panicky and anxious where does this leave me? i think stopping suddenly anti-depressants meds i was on maybe i ended it too quick...! ( paroxetine) anyone got any advice? what would you do? don't want to rely on meds! or put on weight on anti-dp's!i know can't carry on like this it needs to end!

XKLX

Maybe its time to see your GP even if it is just for a chat, I have had to take anti ds for a very bad time I was going through, they did help although I realy did,nt want to take them.They did,nt make me gain weight either.If you are feeling really low see your GP, suzex

i really don't want to admit this to my doc that i've reached this breaking point!

XKLX

I agree with the others, smiley - go and have a chat with your GP. It is his/her job to look after your health, and to help you overcome your issues.

I've recently been suffering from anxiety and panic attacks, which came completely out of nowhere, and I went to see my GP. I've never had any problems of this nature before, so it was difficult for me to tell him, but it made me feel so much better, and I'm going to get some counselling. He didn't make any judgements or assumptions about me and I'm sure your doctor won't either.

Hope you are feeling better soon x

i really don't want to admit this to my doc that i've reached this breaking point!

XKLX

Your doctor will be used to speaking to people who feel they have reached breaking point, it is a normal part of his day to day job. Admitting that you are not coping is the all-important first step to recovery.

Simon