Bluesbreaker

I had a freaking weird dream last night....

thought I would share this with you.

sorry in advance for spelling mistakes and such, i took it from my MSN conversation, edited it then spell checked it, only problem is my spell checker put some weird stuff in I'm not sure...

cut to the chase....

I was seriously ill in hospital. One minute I am sat in an office with a doctor, all I can remember is him saying there is something wrong with my lungs. I mention bronchitis and he says it’s developed on that, he then said you won’t be out of here for a while.

I remember the corridor vividly, it was very high ceilinged, quite narrow, about 10 to 12 feet wide, late Victorian building and horrid prefab like doors (like schools have). I remember leaving the office, closing the door, and walking to my right as if I came out the door. Then randomly, out of nowhere, I was in a bed, laid up, propped up, covered in blankets and stuff, naked chest with wires hanging around. I remember feeling like I was stabbed in an arm with something, so I say it was a painkilling injection or something.

I then remember fading in and out of consciousness, then I came round. I managed to remember the date and noticed I had a shift, but without my rota sheet (HOW???). So I ran out of the hospital with the wires attached, I felt no weight, I just knew I was running. All of a sudden the scene changes, I’m in hoodie, my white boots, t shirt and jeans, but everything was torn and tatty. I was at work but work looked different. It was older, bigger, and darker, with never ending staircases.

I then found the door to the office. I saw my boss, I said I was ill, I shouldn’t be there and he said that fine we will still pay you. Then everyone walks by me like a ghost, like I don’t exist, they were all solemn, all frowning. The corridor was dark and stuff, then as I left down the stairs, I tripped and fell landing into a void and face planted on the floor against a wall. I broke several bones and it was weird, I could FEEL the pain, I couldn't move and I could feel that.

Then it just like snapped and I woke up....

Weird or what?

sorry in advance for spelling mistakes and such, i took it from my MSN conversation, edited it then spell checked it, only problem is my spell checker put some weird stuff in I'm not sure...

cut to the chase....

I was seriously ill in hospital. One minute I am sat in an office with a doctor, all I can remember is him saying there is something wrong with my lungs. I mention bronchitis and he says it’s developed on that, he then said you won’t be out of here for a while.

I remember the corridor vividly, it was very high ceilinged, quite narrow, about 10 to 12 feet wide, late Victorian building and horrid prefab like doors (like schools have). I remember leaving the office, closing the door, and walking to my right as if I came out the door. Then randomly, out of nowhere, I was in a bed, laid up, propped up, covered in blankets and stuff, naked chest with wires hanging around. I remember feeling like I was stabbed in an arm with something, so I say it was a painkilling injection or something.

I then remember fading in and out of consciousness, then I came round. I managed to remember the date and noticed I had a shift, but without my rota sheet (HOW???). So I ran out of the hospital with the wires attached, I felt no weight, I just knew I was running. All of a sudden the scene changes, I’m in hoodie, my white boots, t shirt and jeans, but everything was torn and tatty. I was at work but work looked different. It was older, bigger, and darker, with never ending staircases.

I then found the door to the office. I saw my boss, I said I was ill, I shouldn’t be there and he said that fine we will still pay you. Then everyone walks by me like a ghost, like I don’t exist, they were all solemn, all frowning. The corridor was dark and stuff, then as I left down the stairs, I tripped and fell landing into a void and face planted on the floor against a wall. I broke several bones and it was weird, I could FEEL the pain, I couldn't move and I could feel that.

Weird or what?

I keep a dream journal and have pretty much every dream and astral projection i have had for the past 5 year and i think this is n area in which i am pretty knowledgable in both regarding not just the psychological aspects but also the phenomenological aspects however its very late and i been working all day and need to wake up early tomorrow so its not possible to give you advice or explanations yet but if i have nt replied by tomorrow night just give me a shout and i ll reply :)

Cheers

Hi Bluesbreaker

Is there something going on in your life that's making you feel like you are not in control of what is happening to you? Perhaps whatever it is reminds you of when you are ill and have no control. It may just mean you want to change your job but feel unable to do so for some reason (money/poor job market).

We are having a major reorganisation at work and if I end up with a job it will be in a different town. I had a dream recently where I have a trouser suit on and thought I looked pretty smart, but when I looked down the suit was old and worn, and the hems on both legs had come unstitched and were just hanging down! I took that to mean I do not feel prepared for the changes ahead.

Hi Bluesbreaker

Is there something going on in your life that's making you feel like you are not in control of what is happening to you? Perhaps whatever it is reminds you of when you are ill and have no control. It may just mean you want to change your job but feel unable to do so for some reason (money/poor job market).

We are having a major reorganisation at work and if I end up with a job it will be in a different town. I had a dream recently where I have a trouser suit on and thought I looked pretty smart, but when I looked down the suit was old and worn, and the hems on both legs had come unstitched and were just hanging down! I took that to mean I do not feel prepared for the changes ahead.

i keep looking for work, not much success though due to the job market. it could be that i am not sure.

also looking for a partner as well so it could always be related to that i suppose...

but it could well be the job, you could be right there. I have a nice job now, but I am always on the lookout and on edge waiting for that letter or phone call to say im on the next step towards another job. :)

I keep a dream journal and have pretty much every dream and astral projection i have had for the past 5 year and i think this is n area in which i am pretty knowledgable in both regarding not just the psychological aspects but also the phenomenological aspects however its very late and i been working all day and need to wake up early tomorrow so its not possible to give you advice or explanations yet but if i have nt replied by tomorrow night just give me a shout and i ll reply :)

Cheers

holy malteasers, batman, i forgot to reply!

That's fine mate, whenever you have the time, it's cool :)

thanks for doing this for me :)

Edited by Bluesbreaker

I don't think you can really read too much into your dreams. It's certainly a weird one, but I don't think you're going mad or nuffink.

Hi :)

I think that dreams do have significance wether that be some higher divine significance or just a psychological peek at the working-unconciousness however dream interpretation is a wide area for intepretation and there is no universal dream book because we are all individuals so we all interpet things diffrence which is why its easier to interpret my dreams and easier. so all i can do here is just drop a few ideas and the one which is right is the one you will feel fits you the most if you understand what i mean?

firstly , how were you ill? did you feel ill or where you just told you were ill?

because although this may be irrelevant and only used for context it could also mean

a:) maybe you feel you have an illness that is not really an illness in the common sense of the word such as aspergers. is your diagnosis making you put your life on hold?

b:) maybe the doctors and other professionals are pushing an illness on you making you feel like you have got something that you dont agree you have?

c:) How about your health? is it good? bad? do you eat alot? do you have a complex about yourself? do you drink or take any drugs? that may be taking all the goodness from you and leaving you feeling like a washed up vessel?

When the doctor told you there was something wrong this brings two things too mind for me

1. Are you paranoid, is there a subtle part of your mind that whispers too you insecurities that may make you doubt yourself?

2.the doctor could also be the more responsible part of yourself and maybe this could indicate a higher subconsious telling you thaqt there is something wrong?

3. maybe the something that is wrong , maybe its not medical maybe its something in your life? maybe you feel somethings wrong? or maybe your higher self is trying to show you there is something wrong?

when you then said something about brochitis and the doctor said you wont be oput of here for a long time i thought of this

i thought maybe there is nothing wrong with you medically but the doctor (higher self) is making you doubt yourself or some professionals are making you doubt yourself and make you feel you will be constrained to a certain part of life or branded in a certain way

or you feel like you have a problem you are facing that will be long term and wont be over soon.

if there are problems you are facing do you feel pressure by them because the narrow coprridor may be a sign that you feel pressure, your under pressure or you cant see a way out

do you feel like your back at school? do you feel like you are the child in some relationship or that your been treat like a child? maybe your doctors are been patronizing? maybe someone is forcing a situation upon you that you dont have a choice in?

when you close the door what was in the office behind you? what are you closing the door on? is there something in your life that you have finished with and a new road to walk maybe you have decided to return to study and stop working or not work as much?

maybe you are having some troubles that make you feel like the lab rat or the patient bound to a bed not been able to move maybe it means that you feel like you are in much less control then you think you are?

maybe you feel like you dont have a path to walk but instead you feel like destiny will take you where ever you need to be which is not true because if you wanna get something done and be somewhere you cant rely on nobody but yourself not even fate.

and now its becoming painful and you notice that sharp jab in the arm everynow and again that hard jolt that brings you swaying back to consciousness back to a reality we feel we dont belong too.

and now your trying hard to get back on your feet and make your own path and trying to get things done and planned but you feel without certain aspects or things you cant complete the job to perfection or at all

maybe you feel you need to be more organised with life

maybe you feel like your running up this stair case and your old (are you unhealthy looking when your older) if so maybe you feel trapped and feel like no matter what you do your gonna be stuck here for the rest of your life so you make a desperate attempt to flee to escape but no matter how much you keep running up those stairs you still cant progress because theres something in the puzzle thats missing thats there and that you can see but that you have not put into context?

what do you need to move forward?

after all that running and trying to progress you feel tired and sick and feel sorry for yourself now you dont want to be noticed you just wanna sink into the fading background but then when you see people ignoring you it makes you think what it will be like to be unnoticed and lost to the fading background so it motivates you to keep trying harder to get where you wanna go

now maybe all you can feel is that huge amount of pain from falling uncontrollably into a void a place without life a place without love a place of pure emptyness and it makes you feel empty been in an empty place makes you want to escape and to stop the pain but it just makes you feel even more helpless than you first felt like a yearning to be more , butterflies in your stomache that desire something that you just cant get or you just dont know what it is

now that your feeling helpless you cant move its too much for you. so you find it better to just lie and stair at the cieling rather than attempt to get back up and fight once again because if you fight it means getting up on your broken hands and knees and it will hurt but its not impossible

i am not saying any of this is right its just ideas i am throwing into the cooking pot so let me read through what i wrote and i ll tell you what i think it might mean :)

cheers mate

Thanks mate,

It certainly is interesting :)

the bronchitis bit. that is likely from the fact I have had severe Bronchitis before about two years ago which basically laid me out for two weeks, believe it or not, it was two weeks this coming Tuesday that it started!! :blink:

also, i do drink, sometimes smoke cigars but that's just for nights out and when i am with my band.

I don't do drugs. I am firmly against them. personally I don't see the point in getting high,

I know we can't read too much into these things sometimes but it is an interesting perspective for definite :)

thanks again,

The other night I dreamt I was in a building - identical in appearance to my high school - looking for the library. There was some kind of science conference going on in Room 112 or 113, because everywhere I went I saw signs about it. Just as I came up the main staircase I saw ahead of me some of the conference participants milling around having coffee in the lobby outside the staff room. One of them was my last boss but one (she who'd got me fired from the Met Office), so I quickly turned tail and tried to find another way into the library from the other end of the building.

The other night I dreamt I was in a building - identical in appearance to my high school - looking for the library. There was some kind of science conference going on in Room 112 or 113, because everywhere I went I saw signs about it. Just as I came up the main staircase I saw ahead of me some of the conference participants milling around having coffee in the lobby outside the staff room. One of them was my last boss but one (she who'd got me fired from the Met Office), so I quickly turned tail and tried to find another way into the library from the other end of the building.

I dont know if its rude of me to offer an interpretation or not so am sorry

like i said before its just my ideas and thoughts and the meaning could be totally different than how i percieve it

Are you in college or university at the moment because maybe the identical situation is you been in a similar situation as school where you are the learner and there is a strict code of conduct

Did you spend alot of time in the library? whats your thoughts on a library and whats your thoughts on the school library?

the reason i ask this is because to me the difference between a libary and a school library is that in a library i have the resources to learn and its a choice to go or not but a school library to me is an escape a place i could hide from bullies and delve into topics of my own interest so to me it was a sanctum. what was the library to you?

do you study science or work in that profession? and do those numbers hold any relevance to you?

if you dont study science then maybe the science confrence was a metaphor of either self conflict as in a science confrence even though they are all working towards a single cause and could be classed as one body they all have different ideas some of which are conflicting. hope i explained that correct

if not then how about a revelation something that has turn your life upside down or downside up because in a science confrence maybe revelatory information is been presented and thats why its been advertised around the building so much

or maybe its been advertised so much because its something you need to understand something thats important that you need to grasp the concept of

maybe the fact that they were in the lobby is that your oppinion of them is that they dont pull your wait and that she had it in for you because of your oppinion and maybe your trying to find another way in because you cant face opposing authority and you want to go unnoticed or avoid conflict and so because of this you yourself make your own journey to the desired goal longer

sorry thats just what i thought of different aspects but if you look at the paragraph as a whole metaphorically it could mean

in your life you feel like nobody but yourself pulls their weight yet somehow you always get negativity thrown your way even though your trying your best and your determined to get to your desired goal wether it means taking the long way or not but the fact that you cant stand up and face the problem is something that will set you back alot and sometime or another its going to be inevitable to face the problem because as the saying goes "you cant hide forever"

then again litrally it could mean just what it says:

you feel that there is an important issue going on in your life and at the moment you feel alone especially because she fired you and she makes you feel inferior and weak and thats why you avoid her and take the long route

there is lots of interpretations and mine may not be correct at all. if anybody is interested in dreams i ll post some of my own and if anyone fancys interpretting them it would be fun cause my dreams are very bizarre :P

take care and sweet dreams :P

Are you in college or university at the moment?

No, I'm over 30 and finished full-time study in the 1990s. Unless the Open University module I'm doing at the moment counts.

Did you spend a lot of time in the library? What are your thoughts on a library and what are your thoughts on the school library?

The reason I ask this is because to me the difference between a libary and a school library is that in a library I have the resources to learn and it's a choice to go or not but a school library to me is an escape a place I could hide from bullies and delve into topics of my own interest so to me it was a sanctum. What was the library to you?

It was somewhere to escape during mid-morning break and lunchtime, when I felt excluded by the typical teenage girls' conversations about what X said to Y when P saw Q snog A at B's party.

Do you study science or work in that profession?

I studied maths at university (and am doing a module in oceanography now), and all my full-time jobs have been science-related: building services consultancy, Met Office, environmental consulting. I suspect the conference aspect is the underlying resentment that I never got to have the kind of Met Office career which involved going to conferences, feeling part of a bigger picture and being able to network with other people who could understand the work I did (as opposed to fatuous remarks from people down the pub about whether I've been on telly).

You feel that there is an important issue going on in your life and at the moment you feel alone especially because she fired you and she makes you feel inferior and weak and that's why you avoid her and take the long route

Issues - where do I begin ... I was fired from the Met Office in May 2009 and have had only one other job since then (which also ended in dismissal). How could I not feel inferior to my ex-boss? I remember her parting shot to me was "Do keep in touch - I'd love to hear what you do next". :(

Hey :)

Sorry for this brief post -

What i said about the dreams may be totally wrong i was just trying to give some examples to help you figure it out yourself.

i find that some dreams have lessons in them to learn and others are just my brain processing information i have subconsiously picked up

Does your dream make sense to you now?

You dont have to feel inferior to anyone.....

The woman who tried to put you down , your ex-boss is just a nasty person and i guess its inevitable that we cross their paths sometimes but dont let her make you feel like you are worth anyless.

we all have potential and we all individuals and you seem like a clever woman :) i love science too :) Do what you love dont let people tell you otherwise

i have helped a few of my friends out with buissnesses and before i do they are usally really nice but then as they get the buisness going you can see their eyes change like a glare that you never seen before a hunger for more

i think thats greed and i find it turns people nasty but my friends think its productive for buisness however i think that greed is nasty but when i get that same glare that hunger to strive to be more and learn all i can - that is the glare that defines peoples life the glare that says i want to be more than i am and i am not a lazy person so am gonna passioantly rise from this slump and grab this oppertunity in a choke hold and be the best i can . no matter what others think of me.

you probally had that glare , that hunger for knowledge too so do what you are passionate about strive to be your best and dont let nasty people like your boss bother you. just be the best you can because thats all we can be and remember that passionate glare that people get when they start out in there journey

:)

Dreams eh?

If I were to interpret this one:

I'd say it's likely to indicate the continuing feeling of finding something or looking for something. A place where things do and don't make sense. An escape from the confusion of the world while trying to work out what to do next. It indicates a searching in life and a resentment of some people and some past events that are being worked out in order to find a place in the world. The link with the past suggests certain similar issues are similar to those happening in the present or near future.

The bit about finding another way into the library (a place of peace and safety?) suggests that there are obstacles that get in the way and rather than confront them it seems easier to avoid them - maybe something is happening where Aeolienne is trying to find her way through something and is trying to decide whether to go at it head on, or find another way of getting what she wants or doing what she needs/wants to do.

It's all just guessing and interpretation though innit - that's why some brush dream things off as mumbo jumbo - hope you don't mind me using yours as an example Aeolienne? - at least I tried to keep it short this time (like some of my really long replies lol) :D

cut to the chase....

Weird or what?

Key obvious things that stand out are health worries - these can effect people financially and in terms of their job (in the way they perform and are viewed) also a fear of not being able to perform and being pushed out because of it.

A fear of judgement and fear of being viewed as weak or incapable - and the fear of negative opinions of people and repercussions - of course, this "illness" stuff might not be related to bronchitis at all and could be other fears.

It suggests a worry of not having control or being in control and events running away from you.

It suggests a trying to figure things out - the being tatty and things having changed suggests you are worried about where you are heading and whether you can keep up and it also suggests that it seems daunting because of the never ending staircases - hard climbs/long future/unknown entities.

The end bit suggests a lack on control and a fear of failing.

Anyway - that's me done with dreams for one day :P I'll just sit and wait for everyone to tell me I'm wrong lol

Best to you all Darkshine

I had a dream last Sunday night about a guy I'd had a crush on at university - not the first time I've dreamt about him of course :wub: , but it's been a while. All I can remember now is something about having to deliver some document to him at his flat, which was on the top (second) floor of an Edwardian terraced house and I had to climb up the outside - don't know how. I didn't stay long, saying something about having to deliver something to someone else, but maybe I was trying not to seem too clingy. I guess I was hoping to catch him later but I woke up :crying:

For my 2p-worth, I suspect what brought this on was one of the books I'm reading at the moment, Vince and Joy, which is a chick-lit book about a couple who hook up as teenagers, then drift apart; it seems pretty obvious from the blurb that they will get back together eventually in their 30s. That and having attended an alumni event last month; although I didn't meet the guy I'd fancied, I did meet a mutual acquaintance from our course.

All I can remember now is something about having to deliver some document to him at his flat, which was on the top (second) floor of an Edwardian terraced house and I had to climb up the outside - don't know how.

Correction - think it was a semi-detached house, or failing that an end-terrace, because I climbed up the side wall. And there were plane trees outside.

I've been having weird dreams lately, but they're the kind that you can only sort of grasp parts of it, not enough to be able to tell anyone what the hell happens, never mind what it might mean :lol:

I think dreams can be influenced by what we read or do in the day - quite a few people say that a film or tv programme has been the set of a dream before, so I guess anything's possible...

Last night I dreamt that I had taken part in a sex orgy with the current male participants on the Apprentice. Note use of pluperfect tense - I don't remember participating, only that Ricky Martin told me I had!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Apprentice_%28UK_series_eight%29

Last night I dreamt that I had taken part in a sex orgy with the current male participants on the Apprentice. Note use of pluperfect tense - I don't remember participating, only that Ricky Martin told me I had!

http://en.wikipedia....K_series_eight)

there wouldnt be much sex involved, they would be too busy inflating there egos and talking about how much money they make in a year.

On ‎30‎/‎09‎/‎2011 at 11:35 AM, Fourthdimension said:

What I said about the dreams may be totally wrong - I was just trying to give some examples to help you figure it out yourself.

I find that some dreams have lessons in them to learn and others are just my brain processing information I have subconsiously picked up.

Does your dream make sense to you now?

You dont have to feel inferior to anyone.....

The woman who tried to put you down, your ex-boss, is just a nasty person and I guess it's inevitable that we cross their paths sometimes but don't let her make you feel like you are worth any less.

We all have potential and we are all individuals and you seem like a clever woman :) I love science too :) Do what you love, don't let people tell you otherwise.

I have helped a few of my friends out with businesses and before I do they are usually really nice but then as they get the business going you can see their eyes change like a glare that you never seen before, a hunger for more.

I think that's greed and I find it turns people nasty but my friends think it's productive for business however I think that greed is nasty but when I get that same glare - that hunger to strive to be more and learn all I can - that is the glare that defines people's life, the glare that says I want to be more than I am and I am not a lazy person so am going to passionately rise from this slump and grab this oppertunity in a choke hold and be the best I can, no matter what others think of me.

You probally had that glare - that hunger for knowledge too - so do what you are passionate about, strive to be your best and don't let nasty people like your boss bother you. Just be the best you can because that's all we can be and remember that passionate glare that people get when they start out in their journey.

Am I really that clever? I can't help thinking I should have more to show for it. For the record, I have never risen above an entry-level position and currently earn less than what my mother did over twenty years ago. And how can I make a living out of a hunger for knowledge? No-one's going to pay me to sit around all day reading books or watching documentaries.