Sign in to follow this  
smiley1590

aspergers life experiences presentation 2moz!

i'm doing my aspergers life experience presentation tomorrow @ 2pm for my old college tutor to help assist with unit in their course on additional needs- level 3 BTEC Health and social care students on what it like my life with it services and help my parents and me have recieved after diagnosis ( not much pretty poor /pathetic really!) I Got 5 pages i'm pretty nervoous but excited too!

XKLX

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

i REALLY ENJOYED IT! speaking out was hard settle the jittering nerves and anxiety you could tell when was speaking but gave the girls copy each of the talk i did so they can reference quotes from that for their assignment on the unit additional needs also gave few NAS leaflets that i had on what is autism?/aspergers? And gave them some information A4 sheets on A.S also from what i'd been given when was officially diagnosed at 14 from CAMHS!

the girls asked if they could add me on facebook i said why not! some of girls from that group i spoke to yestoday have added me on facebook they have said how aspiring and what an inspiration i am i just feel i'm ME! end of! nothing more! the girls have given me positive feedback saying how informative it was helpful! they were lovely nice bunch of girls!

my old college tutor text me yestoday saying : "KL thanyou so much for today u were brilliant. all the girls thought u were amazing and want me get speakers in every week like u!!thank you again. A **"

and today while i was at work the tutor came round my house brought me lovely bunch of beautiful flowers purple pink and white coloured ones! it's so nice be appreciated i did it cause i WANTED to though! create more understanding/awareness out there that is it! lol

XKLX

Well done - that's fantastic! :clap:

It takes courage to do something like that. Next time you're feeling bad about yourself, remember this experience! :)

K x

Congratulations :thumbs: it takes courage to speak in front of people I couldn't do it,that's something to be proud of,sounds like you've made some new friends to.xxxxx

Pleased you are also enjoying giving talks Smiley. Don't forget to put it down on your CV as it's work experience.